Do you have the passion, drive, professionalism and enthusiasm to raise funds for the RSPB, and
play your part in saving nature in the coasts, countryside, and towns/cities of England? We’re
offering a fantastic opportunity to hone your fundraising skills and lead a high performing
team. If you are enthusiastic about the RSPB’s mission and can demonstrate your talent for
fundraising, line management and leadership, we would like to hear from you.
We are looking for a dynamic and motivated individual with charisma, resource and initiative, a
collaborator who can embody our one team approach to fundraising. You will work alongside the
Senior Fundraising Manager to lead the fundraising team in the delivery of our strategy. You
will maximise income from external funding streams, utilising your fundraising and leadership
capability to optimise team performance against agreed Key Performance Indicators.
As a flexible and adaptable innovator, you will enjoy getting things done. As a bold ambassador
for the RSPB, you will develop excellent relationships across RSPB teams and with a range of
funders and partners.
You will line manage a Senior Fundraising Officer and play a vital role in fostering team
culture and developing fundraising expertise.
You will be responsible for developing and delivering innovative funding plans to secure income
for our fantastic portfolio of work including nature reserves, people engagement and nature
recovery projects. You will have experience of line management, working with and through others
to achieve results, being part of project teams, extracting the best from individuals and
achieving success through partnership working.
A working knowledge of due diligence and legal compliance in the charity sector will enable you
to ensure contractual obligations are communicated to project executives and budget holders,
ensuring the RSPB upholds its reputation as an NGO that can deliver.
The role can be conducted from a flexible location in England, either at home, a local reserve/
office, or both.
Essential skills, knowledge and experience:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent professional experience
- Proven sales/fundraising track record, working to income targets
- Understanding of & application of project management principles, managing income &
- Understanding of charity sector & fundraising expertise & IOF codes of conduct
- Proven leadership skills & ability to implement change
- Business acumen, ability to recognise opportunity & deliver return on investment
- Ability to communicate verbally & public speaking to all levels internally &
- Able to deliver a high level of customer service to a variety of audiences
- Proven experience of partnership development in charity/private sector
- Ability to assist development of projects with a range of partners
- Proven experience of writing reports & professional funding applications
- Competent user of core Microsoft Office apps
Desirable skills, knowledge and experience:
- Interest/passion for nature
- Professional/academic qualification in leadership, management, or fundraising
- Experience of working with volunteers
- Delivering learning & development sessions
This is a full-time, maternity cover contract. We are looking to conduct interviews for this
role from Wednesday 12th April. For further information please contact
As part of this application process you will be asked to complete an application form including
evidence on how you meet the skills, knowledge, and experience listed above.
We are committed to developing an inclusive and diverse RSPB, in which everyone
feels supported, valued, and able to be their full selves. To achieve our vision of creating a
world richer in nature, we need more people, and more diverse people, on nature’s side. People
of colour and disabled people are currently underrepresented across the environment, climate,
sustainability, and conservation sector. If you identify as a person of colour and/or disabled,
we are particularly interested in receiving your application. Contact us to discuss any
additional support you may need to complete your application.
Find out more & apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (vacanciesin.eu) you saw this job posting.