Position at Wavemaker
We believe there always is a better way to grow. We positively provoke growth for our clients by reshaping
consumer decision-making and experiences through media, content and technology. The Wavemaker way is
globally consistent. Fueled by the world’s most powerful consumer data, we understand where and how
marketing can intervene decisively to help brands win more sales.
Our name is our mission and our method. To make waves, you need to be provocative, even fearless. We do our
best work for brave brands and people who want to be challenged to go further and faster. We know it’s not
easy, but if it’s in you, we will get it out of you.
Our 7,600 people across 90 markets provoke growth for some of the world’s leading brands and businesses.
Our attitude of Positive Provocation is enabled by:
• deep knowledge we have of our clients’ business
• confidence to challenge what’s gone before
• the support to go further than we thought possible
We are a part of GroupM, WPP’s global media investment management company. Discover more on
wavemakerglobal.com, Twitter and LinkedIn
The Global Comms Planning Director is a core senior member of the Global Account team. The purpose of this
role is to deliver effective and forward-thinking global communication strategies for one of the agency’s key
global clients in the financial services sector. Working closely with the Global Strategy Lead, the Global
Communications Planning Director acts a fundamental bridge between insights and strategies and media
planning across all channels.
The Global Comms Planning Director is a key owner of senior client relationship globally.
Key French client – in the financial service category. 20+ markets across Europe, Asia and North America.
• Lead communication planning for global Brand initiatives, global brand campaigns and regional
• Lead the development of global / regional communication – including the development of campaign
framework, global media principles and guidelines and media transformation guidelines
• Ensure consistent roll-out and implementation of global principles and frameworks, and positively
challenge local teams in the development of their localisation strategies, planning and implementation
• Serve as a comprehensive specialist in existing and emerging media opportunities that would be relevant to the brand/category and ensure that opportunities within them are communicated to the client teams and embedded into our strategies
• In depth understanding of the client’s business needs
• Be a champion of media effectiveness to our client. Oversee a learning process, deriving learnings and
intelligence from post-campaign analysis, econometrics reports, Brand surveys to optimise on-going
campaigns and improve future campaign strategies
• Be accountable for fostering a strong productive collaborative relationship with the client’s creative
agency partner, contributing ahead to creative briefs and presentations with audience insights,
consumer purchase journeys and media creativity inspirations and all throughout the campaign
• Work in seamless collaborations with agency partners (creative agency, econometrics partner, brand
tracking partner, etc.)
• Ensure all workstreams and deliverables on the client are appropriately overseen and client
expectations are met at a consistently high standard.
• 10+ years of related media planning/communications planning experience
• Experience of working on global / regional clients (+ ideally a local experience)
• Ability to understand and navigate client’s internal dynamics and adapt to communicate effectively across a variety of stakeholders with different level of knowledge
• Ability to lead a cross-functional team in a dynamic environment
• People management – ability to develop and grow individuals
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to understand cultural nuances and adapts own style to fit. Respects differences in culture, approach, and skillset
• Fluent English and French
Apply on company website
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (vacanciesin.eu) you saw this job posting.