Position at Wavemaker
Global Digital Director
We believe there always is a better way to grow. We positively provoke growth for our clients by reshaping
consumer decision-making and experiences through media, content and technology. The Wavemaker way is
globally consistent. Fueled by the world’s most powerful consumer data, we understand where and how
marketing can intervene decisively to help brands win more sales.
Our name is our mission and our method. To make waves, you need to be provocative, even fearless. We do our
best work for brave brands and people who want to be challenged to go further and faster. We know it’s not
easy, but if it’s in you, we will get it out of you.
Our 7,600 people across 90 markets provoke growth for some of the world’s leading brands and businesses.
Our attitude of Positive Provocation is enabled by:
• deep knowledge we have of our clients’ business
• confidence to challenge what’s gone before
• the support to go further than we thought possible
We are a part of GroupM, WPP’s global media investment management company. Discover more on
wavemakerglobal.com, Twitter and LinkedIn
The purpose of the Global Digital Director role is to provide leadership of the digital capability across the account, and this includes thought leadership, innovation and digital operations.
The Global Digital Director should bring very strong expertise in digital transformation. S/He will work with
the Digital Excellence Lead and the Global Business Lead and be directly responsible for driving the digital agenda with our global clients’, as well as overseeing the digital output of the individual markets to ensure we
deliver a consistently high level of digital expertise.
This role requires a passion for developing successful client relationships, strong strategic thinking to inspire and lead transformational solutions, and the restlessness to deliver excellence in execution at global and local
• Responsible and accountable for the client’s global digital strategic vision.
• Responsible for delivering excellent client services for our global clients (and if required key local clients),
understanding the key challenges facing the client business.
• Be vocal and collaborative with our clients, driving thought pieces and workstreams to constantly enhance
the impact of digital in our client’s growth.
• Maintain strong and efficient collaboration with the Clients’ partners (creative agency, analytics partner, etc.)Drive Clients’ digital strategy
• Lead the development of media strategies, plan rationale, presentations, optimisation and post campaign
• Work collaboratively with local teams to ensure the work delivered to the clients’ is of highest standards
• Ability to analyse and interpret data, turning data into insights that will inform strategic media strategies
• Mobilise and collaborate seamlessly with internal specialist teams
• Manage key global workstreams, incl:
o Global Digital Partners – own the day-to-day relationships with global publishers and partners
o Global digital leadership – develop global frameworks and toolkits for local markets and ensure
o Measurement – design the ideal measurement and KPIs framework to meet the Client’ objective
o Learning agenda – Drive a test / learn / socialise & scale approach to encourage innovation and
scaling of best practices.
Network and team management
• Share digital knowledge across the broader team
• Support local teams to raise the overall level of digital expertise and skillsets
• Extensive digital marketing / media experience (across all channels), preferably with both local and global experience
• Thorough understanding of the whole digital planning, implementation and trading process, and across all digital touchpoints
• Strong knowledge of the data and technology landscape, incl. ad-serving, ad-verification, 3rd party
brand study tools, DSP, etc.
• Excellent project management skills, capable of running large scale projects involving multiple
stakeholders and markets
• Full English proficiency – excellent written and presentation skills
• Gravitas and confidence to influence and sell ideas to clients at senior level
• Diplomatic, able to develop strong relationships with key network stakeholders at all levels within the business.
• Commercial acumen to identify income opportunities from cross-selling and up-selling
• Ambitious self-starter, able to continuously bring ideas and inspiration
• Ability to lead and inspire teams
• Thrives under pressure and excels in meeting strict deadlines
Masters or related degree At least 8 years experience in a digital marketing (agency experience preferable)
Apply on company website
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (vacanciesin.eu) you saw this job posting.