Would you like to use your administration experience to support Amnesty International to achieve our human rights strategic goals?
Assisting the Programme Director and wider team with administration processes, you will provide support that enables Global Security & Workplace (GS&W) to meet its objectives and ensure an efficient running of the programme. The team includes workplace, security and safeguarding functions, working across IS offices globally and supporting other Amnesty entities.
You will have proven experience of providing administrative support to a diverse department, including travel booking and budget management. You will be an excellent communicator, able to establish and sustain effective relationships with programme staff and colleagues across the Movement.
Proficiency in French and/or Spanish and/or Arabic is desirable.
- Provide administrative support to the Global Security department to enable the effective delivery of the team’s work.
- Support GS&W with administration and delivery of key compliance across all Amnesty offices, including, but not limited to, health & safety management, business continuity plans, sustainability and security standards.
- Support the Head of Safeguarding in the delivery of safeguarding policy, processes, training and development globally.
- Be the first point of contact for staff regarding travel queries, travel risk management, and liaison with Amnesty’s Travel Management Company.
- Assist with the planning, arrangement and delivery of GS&W training sessions and events for the IS and Amnesty Movement.
- Contribute to the safe and secure operation of the London office – be a fire warden, uphold security protocols.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience of administering and coordinating the activities of a diverse department or programme.
- Experience of supporting budget management processes.
- Good working knowledge of Word, Excel and Power Point.
- Ability to communicate clearly, concisely and diplomatically in English – verbally and in writing, face to face and over the telephone.
- Ability to accurately and consistently manage data, documents, correspondence and reports information and workflow.
- Please see the attached job description for more information on responsibilities, skills and experience required.
Amnesty International is a global movement of more than 10 million people who campaign for a world where human rights are enjoyed by all. We reach almost every country in the world.
Our aim is simple: an end to human rights abuses. Independent, international and influential, we campaign for justice, fairness, freedom and truth wherever they’re denied. And whether we’re applying pressure through powerful research or direct lobbying, mass demonstrations or online campaigning, we’re all inspired by hope for a better world. One where human rights are respected and protected by everyone, everywhere.
At Amnesty International, we are passionate about what we do and we are proud of our achievements as a movement. To compensate our employees for the critical work they do, we reward them through a combination of an attractive and sector competitive salary and benefits package, high levels of engagement and involvement, and a commitment to employee development.
Benefits include 37 days annual leave (inclusive of public holidays and grace days), pension scheme, employee assistance programme, life assurance and many more benefits designed to suit your own personal lifestyle. All of this, in a professional, engaging environment.
For further information on our benefits, please visit https://www.amnesty.org/en/careers/benefits/
WHAT WE HOPE YOU WILL DO NEXT
If you are talented, passionate about human rights and want to use your skills, knowledge and experience to change the world then we would encourage you to click ‘Apply for this Role’ below.
Freedom, Justice, Equality. Let’s get to work.
N.B. We reserve the right to close a vacancy before the closing date in the event of an overwhelming response or a change in business priorities.**
Amnesty International is committed to being an inclusive employer and providing an inclusive and accessible recruitment process for all. If you would like to receive any information in a different way or would like us to do anything differently to help you apply for our roles, please get in touch with the team by [email protected]
How to apply