University Hospital Southampton
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
UHS creates opportunities for people to grow. Growing and developing our people is how we deliver world-class care. That’s why a career here is an exciting and evolving journey, with unlimited opportunities to learn and thrive at every level.
Our Graduate Programme will run for two years, consisting of two, one-year placements covering an operational and then a strategic focus, providing you with exposure to working within the NHS.
During the programme, you’ll develop competencies including:
- Leadership skills
- Communication and working in a complex fast-paced organisation
- Operational and performance management
- Financial management
- Strategic planning
- Staff management
- Change, project management and service improvement
You’ll be provided with a mentor from the Trust’s senior leadership team who will coach and support you through the programme. You will be expected to complete work-based projects and the work experience element of the programme will be complemented by a formal operational management qualification and leadership programme provided by one of our national training partners.
During your Recruitment Journey with us we will be looking for your ability to:
- Actively develop and maintain collaborative working relationships with diverse teams across the Trust; good communications skills are essential
- With the support of an encouraging and motivated team around you, you will sometimes work under pressure; everything you do affects our patient’s lives, which is incredibly rewarding but fast-paced – every day is different
- You will be able to analyse problems, then discuss and develop practical workable solutions
Attached you will find the person specification document which provides more detail about the essential and desirable skills and experience needed to be successful in this role. To understand the day-to-day responsibilities in more detail please read the full job description document also attached.
Essential Application Criteria:
- You will have gained – or have been predicted – a minimum of a 2:2 in any degree subject
- You will be able to demonstrate our UHS values of Working Together, Patients First and Always Improving
These roles are funded by the Government Apprenticeship Scheme and do not attract visa sponsorship.
- You may be eligible if you have been ordinarily resident in the UK for at least the previous 3 years.
- You must also have permission from the UK government to live in the UK (not for educational purposes) or have obtained pre-settled or settled status under EU Settlement Scheme.
Please see below the key fixed dates for our Graduate Recruitment and Assessment Programme:
- Online testing – deadline 14th March 2023
- Pre-recorded video interview – deadline 26th March 2023
- Virtual Assessment Centre – w/c 24th April 2023
- Final Interview Panel and visit to UHS – w/c 8th May 2023
- Start Date – w/c 4th September 2023
On application, UHS will share your data with a third-party supplier for the sole purpose of assessment and selection.
If we can help with your application or answer any questions please email [email protected]
The closing date is 12th March 2023
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (vacanciesin.eu) you saw this job posting.