Element Sustainability Ltd
Element Sustainability Ltd. is a successful, well-established provider of technical
compliance and sustainability assessment services to the construction and development industry.
We have an exciting opportunity for a sustainability consultant to join our team, assisting
with the ongoing development of our business and supporting our clients.
Your role will focus on the delivery of the technical elements of our project work and
supporting our team of experienced sustainability consultants. Using technical expertise to
determine appropriate sustainability strategies for schemes across all sectors.
The main purpose of the role would initially be to support the experienced team members and
help deliver a range of interesting projects. Full support and managed workflows will be
provided, along with any training requirements identified.
You will be joining a multi-disciplinary team, working in a professional yet relaxed
environment based in our own office in beautiful Cheshire countryside surroundings.
Your Key Sustainability Skills may include some or all the following:
- Reporting to the project manager, the key focus will be support on the following:
- Developing skills in energy assessment (SAP and EPC lodgement);
- Checking BREEAM evidence for compliance and upload;
- Assisting in the preparation of reports;
- Management of client enquiries;
- Social media input;
- Administrative duties / report processing;
- BREEAM / Home Quality Mark / SKA assessments support
- Supporting client engagement and projects
- Assist the client in achieving compliance with building regulations, planning policy
and sustainability / compliance targets
- Determine appropriate methodologies / strategies and with support from our (in-house
and/or sub-contracted) multidisciplinary team of environmental specialists
- Input to technical reports and output
- Report to the management team and inform administrative and accounting tasks
- Engage with and manage clients to identify service opportunities
- Achieve and maintain competency requirements, liaison with clients and seek to ensure
a positive working environment
General criteria –
- Good numeracy skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- A team player, highly organised, motivated and self-disciplined
- Experience and appreciation of working in a collaborative working
- Awareness of Building Regulations, planning process and construction industry –
knowledge of UK environmental regulatory framework and sustainability indicators, technical
appraisals, compliance targets and sustainability assessment criteria
Education, Qualifications & Experience –
Successful candidates will demonstrate the following:
- Educated to a minimum of degree or post graduate level (or equivalent) in a related
- Professionally qualified through relevant professional body (IEMA, CIBSE, LCC etc.) ideally
- Computer literate with good MS Office skills
- Full training provided for building energy modelling software (e.g., Elmhurst Design SAP)
- Full driving licence with less than 3 points
- Willingness to travel
- Competitive salary
- Private Health Care
- Excellent working environment and friendly team
- Flexible hours and hybrid working model
- Great career prospects & training provided
Get in Touch!
If this sounds like the job for you then please contact Caroline Wills on 01829 733 444
Alternatively, email your CV and we’ll call you back. Emails to [email protected]
We are looking for someone to start as soon as possible, so will be reviewing applications as
they come in and may close this vacancy early if we find a suitable candidate for the role.
Apply soon to avoid missing out!
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (vacanciesin.eu) you saw this job posting.