Brockenhurst College has an exciting opportunity for a Graphics & Illustration Lecturer to join their dedicated and enthusiastic team. You will be working on a full-time basis, in return, you will receive a competitive salary of £23,048 -£37,582 pro rata, DOE.
We are a high-achieving college who attract around 2,800 sixth form students across the region each year. We are based within the stunning New Forest National Park and offer our students a huge range of courses and superb facilities.
Art, Design & Photomedia
Contracted working hours
As our Graphics & Illustration Art & Design Lecturer you will:
- Teach on courses as agreed with the Head of Curriculum, 23/24 academic year vacancy includes hours on A level Art and Design courses, including but not limited A Level Graphics and Illustration, hours are the equivalent of a 0.9 post although hours/courses may be subject to change, so more or less hours may become available.
- Provide pastoral support where required
- Act as Course Leader, when requested.
- Prepare and mark student work, monitor progress towards individual targets, keep records and provide timely reports/reviews to students, parents, employers and College managers, as appropriate.
- Work closely with other colleagues to respond to the needs of students.
- Pay due attention to the principles of inclusive learning
- Contribute to the design, delivery and future planning and development of the curriculum.
- Contribute to the teaching/learning resource bank for the relevant subject/course.
The ideal Graphics & Illustration Art & Design Lecturer will need:
- Degree or equivalent professional qualification in relevant subject area
- Appropriate teacher training qualification
- Excellent teaching skills
- Experience in delivering A level Graphics, A level Animation, and other relevant Art & Design subjects
- Experience with the Adobe suite software is essential and experience with PROcreate, Toon Boom Harmony, Blender software would be beneficial.
- Able to develop effective learning resources
- Knowledge and understanding of current developments in the Art and Design area
- Knowledge of appropriate health and safety requirements
Benefits as the Graphics & Illustration Art & Design Lecturer will include:
- 37 days leave plus bank holidays (pro rata for part time staff) and an option to purchase further leave through our Annual Leave Purchase Scheme
- Enrolment into the Teachers’ Pension Scheme
- On-site Nursery offers childcare at superb rates in and outside of term time
- Free eye care vouchers
- Free secure onsite parking
- Access to a range of discounts including shopping, travel and healthcare
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme provided externally to the College. This is a completely confidential service and is free to all members of staff at the College.
- Access to onsite Gym, Tennis/Badminton courts, Football pitches (indoor & out)
- Weekly staff Yoga and Football
If you feel you are the right candidate for this Graphics & Illustration Art & Design Lecturer role then please click ‘apply’ now! We’d love to hear from you!
Closing Date: Sunday 4th June
Interview Date: Friday 16th June
The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults, and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undertake appropriate safeguarding checks which includes an enhanced DBS check as well as providing proof of right to work in the UK.
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (vacanciesin.eu) you saw this job posting.