IPG Health is home to some of the world’s most celebrated and awarded healthcare marketing agencies, including the iconic FCB Health & McCann Health companies. We are a collective of 45+ agencies and 6,000+ people across six continents driven by a healthy obsession with marketing solutions that accelerate impact on lives.
Reporting to: Group Head of Planning, Europe, IPG Health
Department: Strategic Planning
What you’ll be doing
The Group Strategy Director, France is a partner to the Group Head of Planning, Europe. The person will lead the planning team in France across both FCB Health and McCann Health agencies, working very closely with leads across various disciplines (medical strategy, accounts, creative, copy) on multiple accounts.
The Group Strategy Director, France is responsible for instilling strategic best practices across FCB Health and McCann Health leading by example and growing a strong planning team. They are expected to inspire the people they work with to deliver on what matters together, including ensuring that the team and strategic tools are optimised according to the clients’ needs, always doing what’s right for their brands and our people.
You’ll be a success if you:
- Provide visible, motivational and decisive leadership across the planning teams
- Lead by example by providing best-in-class consultancy on how to achieve business and brand goals for clients, collaborating with others disciplines where required
- Develop, adapt and embed McCann Health, FCB Health and IPG Health proprietary processes and tools and other complementary processes and techniques within the agencies to ensure we offer the most relevant, effective and competitive planning service for our clients
- Ensure the planning teams are forward thinking in building brands and customer experiences; this includes upskilling them in engagement strategy and ensuring seamless integration with SOLVE(D) Europe
- Ensure effective quality control of planning outputs by consistently re-evaluating the department’s deliverables, helping to optimise and refine them as needed to ensure all planners are delivering high-quality work across accounts
- Ensure quality and effectiveness of our creative and strategic output, in partnership with all disciplines and respective business leads
- Create/update, lead and facilitate client and internal workshops
- Set the highest standards in terms of leadership behaviours, supporting a culture of diversity and inclusion, respect for others, collaboration, ownership, responsibility and accountability
- Drive visible collaboration across our McCann Health and FCB Health agencies, sharing resources where possible, forging a collaborative working style with other disciplines and functions, helping to ensure the planning teams are meeting our clients’ needs and that we achieve our overall goals together
- Drive a culture of high performance across the planning team through leadership that inspires the teams to invest time smartly and deliver best-in-class work
- Drive a culture of pushing boundaries, strong client service and innovation, thriving for excellence to ensure the ongoing development of capabilities and competitiveness
- Ensure high quality selection, training, development and performance management of all direct reports
- Coach and mentor the planning team to support their development
- Ensure strong uptake of appropriate IPG Health training initiatives and solutions to continually grow the performance of the planning teams in France
Business development and client relationships
- Develop, maintain and grow relationships with key senior clients and stakeholders, adding value at every interaction through strategic recommendations that demonstrate accurate understanding of the brand challenges to solve and are grounded in insights
- Lead strategic responses to RFPs and new business efforts (organic or new)
- Work with business leadership to develop a strategic plan for the agencies to build client brands, create business opportunities and support business growth
- Work closely with direct line reports and business directors to ensure appropriate allocation of accounts across team members based on capacity, skills, client needs and potential for growth; this includes driving greater awareness of the importance of billability and recoverability for business success and growing the planning teams’ business acumen
What you’ll bring:
- A proven track record in gradually more senior planning roles within ‘top tier’ health marketing communication agencies, managing large and diverse planning teams
- Significant experience in leading high level strategic relationships with key global health brands
- Significant experience with brand and engagement strategy, developing actionable brand experiences and integrated campaigns globally
- Experience of working within a multi-national company, with solid business acumen and ability to quickly pick up and follow systems and processes
- A proven track record in developing robust and compelling strategies (strategic thinking and storytelling) leading to business growth and effective creative campaigns
- A proven track record of pitch success with global clients with a deep experience of pitching process and building organic growth with a hunger to win
- Cross medium creative awareness and understanding of new technologies
- Can work both strategically and operationally when needed
- A confident presenter and engaging speaker with clients and colleagues
- A solid relationship builder and inspirational to both clients and internal teams
- Collaborative, open-minded, always keen to learn as well as teach
- Passionate about delivering great work and excited to play a role in the agencies’ development
- Leadership skills, able to build, mentor and develop high performing teams, leading by example through integrity and strong work ethics
- A huge appetite for problem-identification and problem-solving, being able to make the complicated simple and being pragmatic where needed
- Proficiency in Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Teams, Outlook
- Familiarity with running workshops in Zoom, Stormz, Miro, and/or other online collaboration platforms
You’ll be rewarded with:
- Flexible Time off – Uncapped paid time off
- Great training and development
- Retail and Gym discounts platform
- Life Assurance
- Employee assistance programme
- Private Healthcare
- Headspace and MYND UP a mental health wellness programme
- Access to Eye Care and Vaccine programmes
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Long Service Award
- Season Ticket Loan
- Flexible working
If you feel the above speaks to your career ambitions, then get in touch.
Equity, Diversity, Inclusion, and You
We believe that Equity, Diversity, Inclusion and You are fundamental to achieving our mission – to help our client’s brands and businesses play a meaningful role in people’s lives. We view diversity as a business imperative that, when incorporated into all agency practices, becomes a competitive advantage, driving growth and organizational sustainability. As we position ourselves for a future of increased competition and disruption, we’re accelerating beyond merely acknowledging differences.
Our philosophy is that consistent practices and deliberate actions that foster an inclusive culture, unleash the creative power of our talent and our work. We call this Conscious Inclusion.
As an employer committed to accessibility and disability inclusion, we strive to develop a diverse workforce that provides us with a wider range of skills and experience. We are continuously improving our recruitment process to support individuals with physical or learning disabilities. The goal is to improve accessibility across all aspects of IPG Health, home to McCann Health London and FCB Health Europe to hopefully encourage potential job applicants to join us.
If you have a disability, a learning difficulty such as dyslexia, a medical condition or an individual need – which you believe may affect your performance in selection, we’ll be happy to make adjustments to our processes to enable you to perform at your best.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (vacanciesin.eu) you saw this job posting.