- Bangor – County Down, Northern Ireland, Ireland
- £12360 – £123600 per annum
- Main Industry:
- Search Sports, Leisure & Lifestyle Jobs
- Other Industries & Skills:
- Leisure & Recreation
- Acorn Recruitment
- Job ID:
- Posted On:
- 09 February 2024
Weightlifting Wales is looking to appoint a Head Coach. 104 days per year. The salary is GBP30,900 per annum for 0.40 FTE (Actual GBP12,360 per annum). Although the post is advertised as Bangor (Head Office) you can be based anywhere in Wales.
* As Head Coach you will deliver key elements of the Weightlifting Wales strategy for building champions
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
* Support the progression of athletes & coaches within the pathway,
* Prepare for Regional, Development, National squads and international events,
* Support the development of an inclusive athlete pathway, creating environments where athletes and coaches can thrive,
* Support the planning of development and performance projects which support athletes, coaches and parents,
* Create and maintain an elite performance environment,
* Embed equality and diversity across all programmes and maintain a duty of care to athletes and coaches,
* Uphold the organisational values of Weightlifting Wales and contribute to the working and welfare of the athletes in Wales,
* Support selection of athletes at performance meetings,
* Contribute to performance, development and staff meetings,
* Support volunteer coaches with mentoring at training camps and events.
* Lead coach at National training camps and at international events.
* Assist at development camps and at development international competitions.
* Lead coach at regional squads (one day squads)
* Liaise with National athletes
* Lead performance reviews with National athletes, providing support and guidance
* The successful candidate will have extensive experience in coaching at elite and development levels, and at leading Weightlifting teams at training camps and international events. A sound knowledge of training methodologies, principles behind the long-term development of athletes practice are essential requirements.
* The successful candidate will have outstanding people management skills, with the ability to inspire and motivate others. They will be able to develop trusting working relationships with athletes, parents, professional and volunteer staff from multiple agencies.
* They must have a valid driving license, enhanced DBS, a valid safeguarding certification and obtain a British Weightlifting coach license within 6 months of starting in post.
* Being a Welsh language speaker, experience of coaching Para Powerlifting and a minimum of 3 years in coaching Weightlifting would be desirable
A full job description can be found on the Weightlifting Wales website
OUR EQUALITY STATEMENT
Weightlifting Wales is committed to making our sport accessible to participants from all social and ethnic backgrounds. We continue to implement initiatives to develop opportunities and reduce barriers to participation. It is of huge importance that all Weightlifting Wales staff and board members, along with members and volunteers, understand how they contribute to our Equality policy.
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE: 1 March 2024 at 17:00.
Applicants should submit an application form and CV, explaining clearly how they meet all the essential requirements for this post, marked for the attention of Jake Eastwood, to: #
To arrange an informal discussion about the role, the Strategy and Development Manager, Simon Roach at #
INTERVIEW DATES: Interviews will take place in March 2024
Acorn by Synergie acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (vacanciesin.eu) you saw this job posting.