Development Guarantee Group
As Head of Climate, you will be part of the senior management team responsible for leading on
assessing the potential climate impact of projects supported by guarantees arranged by DGG and
tracking the climate impact through a comprehensive monitoring, reporting, and verification
The Head of Climate will also be responsible for developing, setting, and implementing the
climate strategy for any guarantors managed by DGG and will work closely with other DGG
colleagues to identify and address climate related challenges and opportunities in all
potential projects under consideration.
- Lead on assessment and assurance related to climate impact across all relevant guarantee
transactions arranged by DGG.
- Review and appraise new guarantee transactions from a climate impact perspective, including
the identification of potential risks and issues as early as possible in the transaction cycle,
development of recommendations for actions, and drafting of relevant climate monitoring,
reporting and verification frameworks for any guarantors managed by DGG.
- Support the relevant transaction teams within DGG to develop climate impact due diligence
terms of refence for third-party consultants working on transactions, review any due diligence
report recommendations when requested, as well as reviewing all climate impact reporting
frameworks developed by third-party consultants for transactions.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with the Impact and Credit committees to establish
confidence in the quality and integrity of DGG’s climate impact assessment and assurance.
- Interpret current and potential future national and international climate legislative,
regulatory and policy requirements, contextualising them into the finance sector to identify
their applicability and optimal implementation across all aspects of any guarantors managed by
- Ensure sound relationships and collaborative engagement with DGG colleagues on climate
impact risks and opportunities for any guarantee portfolios managed by DGG.
- Lead on the implementation of climate impact monitoring, reporting and verification
frameworks for all guarantors managed by DGG and oversee their day-to-day operation.
- Ensure timely and robust climate impact data from all guarantee portfolios is obtained,
reviewed, collated and aggregated to assess on-going climate impact performance and take
responsibility for the accurate and timely reporting of climate impact to all relevant
- Lead project climate impact audits where required and identify opportunities for adding
value with regards to climate impact performance on a transaction.
- Engage on climate impact with Boards and Committees responsible for any guarantors managed
by DGG and other key stakeholders where required.
- Seek out different climate methodologies from across commercial, international and
Government arenas to then analyse, evaluate and integrate practices and methodologies that will
further enhance the way any guarantors managed by DGG deliver their climate goals.
Disseminate insights from portfolio data on climate impact to other DGG colleagues to
contribute to the wider learning agenda of DGG, to further the reputation and capability
positioning of the team, and to inform strategic decisions and align DGG’s guarantors with
market best practice.
- Guide and manage the performance of DGG colleagues working on building and maintaining
guarantee portfolios with regards to their knowledge and capacity to identify and report on
climate impact, ensuring the effective flow of communication within the team and regular
performance discussions and provision of clear feedback.
- Work closely with internal and external stakeholders to facilitate improved understanding
and integration of material climate impact considerations into decisions throughout the
transaction selection process, covering both risks and opportunities.
- Participate in Climate Working Groups (CWG) in GGC priority countries and ensure any
outcomes from the CWG feed into the climate impact strategy for building GGC’s guarantee
- Represent DGG at relevant industry conferences and events as a speaker and thought leader
on climate finance and measuring climate impact in EMDE.
Our Culture and Values
At our core, we are a down-to-earth company that values respect and trust above all. We believe in the potential of each team member and work collaboratively to achieve greatness together. In our culture, humility, patience, and empathy are paramount. We invest in the success of our team members, recognising that their growth is integral to our collective achievements. Innovation and transformation are at the heart of everything we do, and we encourage our team to explore new ideas with speed, passion, and curiosity.
Alongside a competitive salary, DGG offers family friendly working whenever possible, 30 days holiday per annum (pro-rata) excluding bank holidays, pension scheme, and a flexible employee benefits scheme (which can include private medical insurance, life insurance, travel insurance and paid gym membership).
Find out more & apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (vacanciesin.eu) you saw this job posting.