Royal College of Physicians
Location – Liverpool or London
Salary – Proposed salary – £60,000
As the Head of FP&A you will own the financial reporting cycle for the college including a financial forward look, presenting this to committee and senior management and implementing the latest FP&A best practice. This will include designing predictive modelling tools to maximise forecasting accuracy and your team will be responsible for configuring and maintaining a modern financial planning system. You and your team will work closely with stakeholders across multiple teams to understand the context behind the numbers and embed consistent and effective reporting processes to help ensure all planning and forecasting deadlines are achieved and that the college’s financial targets are met. This will include responsibility for supporting the strategic plans of the college; creating and running future financial projections; budgeting, forecasting, reporting and control of the I&E; balance sheet and cashflow; scenario analysis; and effective management of a team.
- Overall control of and responsibility for the budget and forecasting process.
- Responsible for the 3 year forward look including I&E, balance sheet, cashflow forecasts, ratio analysis and sensitivity testing
- Be the owner of the financial improvement plan, gathering updates and ensuring its delivery.
- Deliver and present insightful monthly financial performance reports to a strict timetable.
- Influence key stakeholders to drive proactive and corrective action using commercial acumen, data, insights, and trends for the delivery of financial targets
How we’ll measure your success
- Customers and stakeholders will understand their own financial performance and how they contribute to the financial success of the college
- Budgets, forecasts and financial plans will be developed with rigour and a high degree of accuracy
- The delivery of the financial improvement plan will be closely monitored
- You will lead a high performing FP&A team who contribute to the success of their directorates
- Decision making will be more robust ensuring commercially using data insights across the college
- Delivery of your own objectives (which you’ll agree with your manager) – and your contribution to our values
To be successful in your application, you’ll have experience of working within a similar role and have an accountancy qualification (ACCA, AAT, CIMA etc). This role will include managing a team, so previous exposure of leading a team will be required.
This role will require expert communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to influence and interpret financial information to provide insight, alongside being able to interact and engage confidently with very senior stakeholders across multiple functions. In addition, experience with interpreting and communicating data to senior stakeholders, highly commercial providing good performance reporting, with a passion for good data visualisation and presentations. The individual will have an aptitude and appetite to develop systems and processes to drive efficiencies and insight to the college.
- Qualified accountant – CIMA, ACA or ACCA (FCMA or FCCA preferable)
- Proven finance leadership team experience
- Organised with strong project management skills
- Strong commercial acumen with ability to influence committee members and senior stakeholders to drive profitability and improve financial performance of the college
- Good communication skills with ability to communicate complex and detailed information in an easy-to-understand manner to all levels of the college
- The ability to produce strong presentations and tell a story through data
- Exceptional analytical, quantitative, and statistical skills
- Strong financial modelling skills, along with an understanding of financial reporting and cash flow information
- Experience of managing both short-term and long-term planning cycles
- Advanced proficiency in MS Excel and leading the development and improvement of financial systems
- Experience of producing consolidated group monthly management accounts
For more information on the role please view the job description and person spec.
Any questions should be directed to [email protected]
The RCP positively encourages applications for suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, martial status or pregnancy and maternity.
The RCP is all about our people – our members, our staff, our volunteers and leaders. We educate, influence and collaborate to improve health and healthcare for everyone and know we can only do this by being inclusive, encouraging and celebrating diverse perspectives. that’s why welcoming and having people who represent the 21st century medical workforce and the diverse population of patients we serve is so important to us.
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (vacanciesin.eu) you saw this job posting.