Development Guarantee Group
As Head of Health, Safety, Environment and Social (HSES), you will be part of the senior
management team responsible for ensuring that health and safety and environmental and social
considerations are integrated into all guarantees arranged by DGG and for HSES data collation,
analysis and disclosure reporting as required.
The Head of HSES will work closely with other DGG colleagues and HSES partners to identify and
address HSES related challenges and opportunities in all potential projects under consideration
by any of the guarantors managed by DGG.
- Lead on assessment and assurance related to HSES compliance across all guarantee
transactions arranged by DGG.
- Review and appraise new guarantee transactions from an HSES risk perspective, including the
identification of potential HSES risks and issues as early as possible in the transaction
cycle, development of recommendations for actions, and drafting of relevant project HSES
management system documentation for any guarantors managed by DGG.
- Support the relevant transaction teams within DGG to develop HSES due diligence terms of
refence for third-party consultants working on transactions, review any due diligence report
recommendations when requested, as well as reviewing HSES action plans developed for
- Ensure sound relationships and collaborative engagement with DGG colleagues and HSES
partners for any guarantee portfolios managed by DGG.
- Ensure timely and robust HSES data from all guarantee portfolios is obtained, reviewed,
collated and aggregated to assess on-going HSES performance and compliance.
- Define steps required to assist all guarantors managed by DGG to improve HSES management
performance and meet the requirements of any investors.
- Identify opportunities for adding value with regards to HSES performance and/or compliance
on a transaction.
- Lead project HSES management and compliance audits and, where required, attend and support
accident and incident investigations.
- Engage on HSES with Boards and Committees responsible for any guarantors managed by DGG and
other key stakeholders where required.
- Disseminate insights from portfolio data on HSES to other DGG colleagues to build a culture
that places HSES as a central pillar for all activities within DGG and contributes to the wider
learning agenda of DGG, to further the reputation and capability positioning of the team, and
to inform strategic decisions and align DGG’s guarantors with market best practice.
- Guide and manage the performance of DGG colleagues working on building and maintaining
guarantee portfolios with regards to their knowledge and capacity to identify and report on
HSES issues, ensuring the effective flow of communication within the team and regular
performance discussions and provision of clear feedback.
- Ensure ES Framework, ES Policy and / or associated ES Management Systems for all guarantors
managed by DGG are reviewed periodically, updated (when required), and maintained.
- Provide training on HSES management issues, where applicable, to third-party transaction
partners, including contractors and consultants.
Our Culture and Values
At our core, we are a down-to-earth company that values respect and trust above all. We believe in the potential of each team member and work collaboratively to achieve greatness together. In our culture, humility, patience, and empathy are paramount. We invest in the success of our team members, recognising that their growth is integral to our collective achievements. Innovation and transformation are at the heart of everything we do, and we encourage our team to explore new ideas with speed, passion, and curiosity.
Alongside a competitive salary, DGG offers family friendly working whenever possible, 30 days
holiday per annum (pro-rata) excluding bank holidays, pension scheme, and a flexible employee
benefits scheme (which can include private medical insurance, life insurance, travel insurance
and paid gym membership).
Find out more & apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (vacanciesin.eu) you saw this job posting.