We are looking for an Ice Protection Systems Method and Tools Engineer (M/F) for our Commercial Aircraft business to join our Ice Protection system group based in Toulouse, France.
As part of the Ice Protection system group, you will be primarily in charge of managing the method and tools used to support and develop Ice Protection Systems for current aircraft, as well as for new programmes. In addition to this role, you will also be involved in system design activities for Ice Protection Systems.
Your working environment:
Global capital of aeronautics and European capital for space research, Toulouse is a dynamic city in the southwest of France served by an international airport. Ideally located between the Mediterranean sea and the Atlantic ocean and close to the Pyrenees mountains, it offers plenty of options for outdoor activities!
How we care for you:
Financial rewards: Attractive salary, agreements on success and profit sharing schemes, employee savings plan abounded by Airbus and employee stock purchase plan on a voluntary basis.
Work / Life Balance: Extra days-off for special occasions, holiday transfer option, a Staff council offering many social, cultural and sport activities and other services.
Wellbeing / Health: Complementary health insurance coverage (disability, invalidity, death). Depending on the site: health services center, concierge services, gym, carpooling application.
Individual development: Great upskilling opportunities and development prospects with unlimited access to +10.000 e-learning courses to develop your employability, certifications, expert career path, accelerated development programmes, national and international mobility.
Your challenges :
Methods and tools are key in the ability to maintain in service, develop, certify Ice Protection Systems (IPS). Several internal tools have been designed internally for these activities and need to be maintained and improved.
In addition, IPS for future programmes will face new challenges (certification, new technologies like electrical power source instead of bleed power source, de-ice concept in place of anti-ice…) that are significantly impacting both the methods used to develop IPS as well as the associated tools.
You will be in charge of the following activities:
- Control evolutions of existing methods and tools used on IPS (manage obsolescence or integration with new tools when present, propose improvement for currently used methods and tools.
- Define the roadmap for future methods and tools evolutions aligned with new challenges, technologies and concept for IPS
- Participate to projects aiming at developing / improving the methods and tools both with the IPS group, but as well with external partners involved in the new IPS tool definition (Airbus D&S, ONERA, Dassault, Safran, …).
- Identify, perform or support the team in the projects aiming at improving our knowledge of icing conditions or in our methods to develop IPS thanks to use of in-service data.
- Manage subcontractors performing tools update.
- In addition, you will be involved in IPS system design activities to support aircraft programmes evolutions.
Activities are conducted in close contacts with other engineering teams: Powerplant integration, Air Systems, Aerodynamic, Air data, Structural departments as well as Integration lab tests and Flight Tests.
You will join an international, diverse and empowered team working on a broad range of products.
You will benefit from training opportunities and new ways of working (home office, digital tools, flexible working hours etc.) and will report to a leadership team whose priority is to support your development, foster team spirit and give meaning to your activity in a global Airbus environment.
Your boarding pass :
We are looking for diverse people to design creative solutions for our systems.
- Scientific computation and modelization skills
- Degree in mechanical/aeronautical engineering
- Basic knowledge Fluid dynamics, thermal, thermodynamic engineering
- Project Management basics
- You are dynamic, positive, curious, passionate and creative
- You like to learn and to collaborate with a high diversity of people
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
Airbus Operations SAS
Classe Emploi (France): Classe F11
Fluid & Hydromechanics, Thermal <JF-EN-EF>
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.
Airbus is, and always has been, committed to equal opportunities for all. As such, we will never ask for any type of monetary exchange in the frame of a recruitment process. Any impersonation of Airbus to do so should be reported to [email protected].
At Airbus, we support you to work, connect and collaborate more easily and flexibly. Wherever possible, we foster flexible working arrangements to stimulate innovative thinking.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (vacanciesin.eu) you saw this job posting.