Do you have experience working with human rights defenders and individuals at risk? Do you want to use your campaigning expertise to support our mission for a world where human rights are enjoyed by all?
The Individuals at Risk Campaigner will oversee our individuals at risk work in Eastern Europe and Central Asia, provide advice and support to colleagues in the regional office and national offices, and collaborate with the global Individuals at Risk team.
As an experienced campaigner you will have knowledge of the human rights context in Eastern Europe and Central Asia and in creating campaigns on this area, as well as experience working with human rights defenders and individuals at risk. You will have a proven ability to lead innovation and creative approaches to campaigning; using online and offline activism techniques to achieve campaign objectives.
You will possess excellent communication skills, producing campaign materials in English for a variety of audiences. Fluency in Russian, or other regional languages is desirable.
- In collaboration with regional campaigners & researchers and other IS teams support the delivery of effective & ethical campaigning with and for individuals, communities and HRDs at risk.
- Provide authoritative advice and training to staff in the IS and Sections on effective and ethical casework, and case campaigning techniques, such as Urgent Actions.
- Maintenance of internal communications tools and channels, such as AI’s intranet, email lists, newsletters, IAR Database and IAR Portfolio.
- Support the implementation of the Global Individuals at Risk Strategy with a regional approach, for example lead on the annual Write for Rights campaign for Eastern Europe and Central Asia.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Extensive experience leading, developing and delivering campaign strategies and campaign objectives at national and international level; Excellent understanding of strategic campaign methodologies, power analysis methodologies and other campaign development tools.
- Knowledge of the region and experience working on human rights campaigns; ability to identify and understand relevant information about human rights or country situations quickly in order to undertake campaign strategy development.
- Excellent communications skills in English, both written and verbal; Experience of writing motivating and inspiring campaign materials for a diverse range of target audiences and of communicating campaign messages and organisational positions effectively.
Please see the attached job description for more information on responsibilities, skills and experience required.
Amnesty International is a global movement of more than 10 million people who campaign for a world where human rights are enjoyed by all. We reach almost every country in the world.
Our aim is simple: an end to human rights abuses. Independent, international and influential, we campaign for justice, fairness, freedom and truth wherever they’re denied. And whether we’re applying pressure through powerful research or direct lobbying, mass demonstrations or online campaigning, we’re all inspired by hope for a better world. One where human rights are respected and protected by everyone, everywhere.
At Amnesty International, we are passionate about what we do and we are proud of our achievements as a movement. To compensate our employees for the critical work they do, we reward them through a combination of an attractive and sector competitive salary and benefits package, high levels of engagement and involvement, and a commitment to employee development.
Benefits include 37 days annual leave (inclusive of public holidays and grace days), pension scheme, employee assistance programme, life assurance and many more benefits designed to suit your own personal lifestyle. All of this, in a professional, engaging environment.
For further information on our benefits, please visit https://www.amnesty.org/en/careers/benefits/
WHAT WE HOPE YOU WILL DO NEXT
If you are talented, passionate about human rights and want to use your skills, knowledge and experience to change the world then we would encourage you to click ‘Apply for this Role’ below.
Freedom, Justice, Equality. Let’s get to work.
N.B. We reserve the right to close a vacancy before the closing date in the event of an overwhelming response or a change in business priorities.**
Amnesty International is committed to being an inclusive employer and providing an inclusive and accessible recruitment process for all. If you would like to receive any information in a different way or would like us to do anything differently to help you apply for our roles, please get in touch with the team by [email protected]
How to apply