Salary: Grade 8 £38,205- £44,263 (pro rata) per annum together with USS pension benefits
Contract: Fixed-term for 12 months. Full-time
Location: Based at Singleton Campus with some travel to Bay as required
This is an exciting opportunity to join the University’s Information Compliance team which aims to provide a high-quality professional service to students, staff and external stakeholders.
The role of the Information Compliance Officer, is to monitor, review and enhance the University systems and procedures relating to compliance with Data Protection and Freedom of Information legislation covering requirements for both students and staff.
We are looking for individuals who are enthusiastic about Information Compliance and can demonstrate the following:
- To have extensive knowledge of DP, FOI and EIR Legislation and experience of responding to related queries – preferably in a large public-sector organisation in the UK;
- To be able to work accurately and with attention to detail within appropriate regulatory and other contextual frameworks;
- To be able to work independently to meet deadlines;
- To be able to demonstrate excellent communication skills;
- To have excellent interpersonal skills to deal with telephone, email and face to face contact;
- To demonstrate an ability in building successful working relationships at every level with both internal and external stakeholders;
- To work effectively to a very high standard both independently and as part of a team;
- Evidence of providing a broad range of professional, customer focussed information, demonstrating a high understanding of individual customer needs, to include: producing high quality reports, presentations, emails to senior stakeholders and website development;
Further details can be found in the Job Description and Person Specification.
The University is committed to supporting and promoting equality and diversity in all of its practices and activities. We aim to establish an inclusive environment and welcome diverse applications from the following protected characteristics: age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race (including colour, nationality, ethnic and national origin), religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation.
We have an under-representation of women and would particularly welcome applications from women for this position. We also have an under representation of individuals from ethnic minority backgrounds and would encourage applications from these groups. Appointments will always be made on merit.
Please note this job is also being advertised to a pool of colleagues internally as part of our University commitment to employee redeployment. Should this post be filled from this route then you will receive an email confirming this. If you do not receive an email, please assume that your application is still in process.
Applicants are asked to provide a completed online application providing evidence against the essential criteria in the recruitment documentation. Applicants should also attach to the application a CV.
Interviews are planned for week commencing 18th December
For information regarding the benefits of working for Swansea University, please refer to the relevant University webpages . For further information about the roles, please contact: Teresa Rhys-Thomas [email protected] (01792) 606107
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (vacanciesin.eu) you saw this job posting.