Are you an experienced Information Security Administrator looking to utilise your expertise to support our mission for a world where human rights are enjoyed by all?
Working as a critical member of the Information Security Team, you will help drive a culture of information security in everything they do across the organisation by providing relevant support, advice, and guidance.
You will perform the ongoing monitoring, analysis, escalation, and response to alerts generated by Amnesty’s security systems such as Security Information & Event Management (SIEM), Data Loss Prevention (DLP), and Endpoint Detection & Response (EDR).
You will be responsible for the ongoing maintenance and improvements to the organisation’s security controls and carry out administrative changes to the organisation’s security systems, responding to organisational requests within the organisation’s security framework.
You will have a passion and knowledge of information security, remain updated on current information technology security trends and have prior experience performing security administration tasks. In addition, you will be comfortable working alongside stakeholders within the Information and Technology (I&T) team and beyond, with an ability to communicate complex technical issues clearly and concisely.
- Analysing and responding to anomalous behaviour, escalating appropriately when needed.
- Act as a security focal point by providing advice to the organisation and ensuring that security standards are understood and complied with.
- Ensure a strong and efficient security coverage with continuous maintenance, finetuning, and troubleshooting of security systems
- Performing security administration tasks and changes in the following areas
- Email and Web filtering Protection policies
– Cloud Monitoring and Security Information & Event Management (SIEM) policies
– Data Loss Prevention (DLP), and Endpoint Detection & Response (EDR) policies
– IT Systems access policies (review)
– Vulnerability management
– Application security reviews and threat modelling
– Network security reviews and remediation
- Email and Web filtering Protection policies
- Researching and evaluating emerging cyber security threats.
- Lead investigations into alerts generated by various security systems as well as by other reporting means in the organisation.
- Working to maintain security standard requirements through audit remediation / support, Vulnerability scans, penetration testing and remediation where appropriate.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Excellent communicator with strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to explain complex topics around information security and risk to non-technical audiences.
- Demonstratable experience in Information Security systems – including cloud monitoring, anti-virus, advanced endpoint protection, vulnerability management, email and web security systems.
- Experience securing, monitoring and operating enterprise cloud infrastructure – ideally Azure.
- Experience securing, monitoring and operating enterprise cloud services – ideally Office 365.
- Experienced in the following technologies or equivalents: Microsoft Defender, Sentinel, Azure. Qualys vulnerability management, ZScaler web protection.
Please see the attached job description for more information on responsibilities, skills and experience required.
Amnesty International encourages candidates from all over the world to apply, subject to visa requirements, a relocation package can be offered.
WHAT WE OFFER:
At Amnesty International, we are passionate about what we do and we are proud of our achievements as a movement. To compensate our employees for the critical work they do, we reward them through a combination of an attractive and sector competitive salary and benefits package, high levels of engagement and involvement, and a commitment to employee development.
- 37 days annual leave (inclusive of public holidays and grace days)
- Hybrid working environment – The standard working week at Amnesty International is 35 hours
- Pension Contribution Scheme – with an employer contribution of 8% of your gross annual salary, in addition Amnesty International will match individual contributions of up to 3%. Making a total employer contribution of 11%
- Life Assurance
- Annual salary review
- Opportunity to join our cycle-to-work scheme
- Interest-free season ticket loans for travel to work
- Contribution towards the cost of eye tests and glasses
- Access to Linkedin Learning
- Employee Assistance Programme
WHAT WE HOPE YOU WILL DO NEXT
If you are talented, passionate about human rights and want to use your skills, knowledge and experience to change the world then we would encourage you to click ‘Apply for this Role’ below.
Freedom, Justice, Equality. Let’s get to work.
N.B. We reserve the right to close a vacancy before the closing date in the event of an overwhelming response or a change in business priorities.**
How to apply