Bristol Waste Company
WHO ARE BRISTOL WASTE?
Bristol Waste Company is the local recycling, waste collection and street cleansing company,
delivering high quality, safe, reliable and value for money services in a responsible manner.
We also run the city’s Household Waste Recycling Centres and offer a commercial waste service
to local businesses providing a tailored, cost effective recycling and waste solution.
As a business Bristol Waste Company is committed to the continual improvement of our and our
service delivery to meet the needs and expectations of our customers now and in the future. The
business is expected to continuously improve in terms of reducing residual waste, increase
recycling by challenging and changing behaviour.
IS THIS ROLE FOR ME?
You will develop and lead on projects and ad-hoc assignments that support the strategic aims of
the BWC Business Plan, working across the business towards targets for delivery in line with
the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). The position supports the Innovation and
Sustainability (I&S) team in developing the whole business into a forward thinking and
industry challenging model. The I&S team works closely with departments across the
business, jointly collaborating where necessary to develop campaigns focusing on reducing
residual waste, increasing recycling and to change behaviour.
- Support the development and delivery of innovative waste reduction and behaviour change
projects and campaigns, coordinating teams across the organisation, consultants and external
stakeholders where required.
- Support the development of detailed, robust and deliverable technical and commercial
solutions to improve service delivery
- Undertake research and analysis in relation to strategic and operational issues and produce
reports, briefings and presentations for the Innovation and Sustainability manager.
- Ensure that all projects are properly communicated and efficiently coordinated including
the production and review of project plans
- Compile internal and external data to support the measurement of BWCs sustainability
- Liaise with a range of stakeholders, including internal staff, shareholder partners and
- Ensure that data and information gathered is accurate and meaningful and that it is
effectively and securely stored and accessed.
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE ROLE:
- Experience of project and campaign delivery
- Financial awareness to produce basic financial models where appropriate
- Ability to communicate effectively in a variety of situations, and to present complex
information in concise reports and presentations
- Ability to engage with all sections of the community
- Innovative thinking, enthusiasm and a determination to see projects through to a successful
- A positive, problem-solving attitude
- Sound ICT skills, specifically MS Office suite
- Ability to work autonomously and manage own time/workload
- Ability to work outdoors and on foot
- Current and valid driving licence
WHY WORK FOR BRISTOL WASTE COMPANY?
- Free onsite parking (subject to availability)
- Cycle to work scheme
- 25 days holiday
- Enhanced Maternity entitlement
- Development opportunities
- BUPA wellbeing cash plan
- Employee benefits and discounts
- Free physio
And many more! Please head over to the ‘packages’ details on our site for more
HOW DO I APPLY?
Click the ‘find out more & apply’ button below to go through our online application process. Be
sure to have your application and cover letter ready to submit!
Interviews will be in person and scheduled on Friday 6 October.
Find out more & apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (vacanciesin.eu) you saw this job posting.