European Space Agency (ESA)
Internship Opportunity in the Director General’s Services.
ESA is an equal opportunity employer, committed to achieving diversity within the workforce and creating an inclusive working environment. We therefore welcome applications from all qualified candidates irrespective of gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity, beliefs, age, disability or other characteristics. Applications from women are encouraged.
Our team and mission
This position is based at the ESA HQ – Paris, France
Under the direct authority of the Director General, the Communication Department is responsible for:
- Establishing and implementing the ESA communication policy, with the objective of fulfilling the Agency’s task to collect relevant information and disseminate it to Member States;
- Providing communication support for the preparation of future programmes, with the aim of heightening awareness of ESA and its space activities among the general public in the Member States;
- Acting as the Agency’s focal point and spokesperson for all interactions with the media;
- Preparing a three-year communication strategy as well as an annual communication plan presented to Council in December of each year;
- Interfacing with the Heads of Communication in the delegations of Member States through the Advisory Communication Committee (ACC);
among other tasks.
The ESA Branding and Partnerships Office leads two specific areas of ESA’s communication output.
On one side, the office is responsible for the development, evolution and application of ESA’s corporate brand. This includes such element as the logo and colour-schemes.
On the other side, and in the area that concerns this position, the office also develops and implements strategic co-branding and long-term communication partnership activities. This implies developing communication strategies with global brands, where the opportunity is mutually beneficial.
For further information visit our web site: http://www.esa.int
Field(s) of activity for the internship
Topic: Brand Partnership Building
Identify and develop a business case for future strategic brand partnerships.
The tasks to be carried out will give the successful candidate to this position a solid experience in brand analysis and value-matching. The tasks will be:
- Examine the past brand partnerships entered by the Branding and Partnerships Office
- Investigate the current communication strategy with a view to the values that ESA wishes to transmit
- Identify potential global brands which are compatible with these values
- Produce business cases for ESA to partner with these brands
- Develop pitch-decks for presentation to these brands
At all times these tasks will be carried out in supervision, support and cooperation with the ESA Branding and Partnerships Office.
You must have student status and be enrolled at university for the entire duration of the internship. You should preferably be in your final or second to last year of a university course at master’s level in a technical or scientific discipline.
The working languages of the Agency are English and French. A good knowledge of one of these is required. Knowledge of another Member State language would be an asset.
- Specific relevant competence in one of the following areas shall be considered an asset: Business development, marketing and/or communications
- Intern should have good interpersonal and communication skills and should be able to work in a multi-cultural environment, both independently and as part of a team
- The working languages of the Agency are English and French. A good knowledge of French is required. Knowledge of another Member State language would be an asset
- During the interview motivation and overall professional perspective/career goals will also be explored
For behavioural competencies expected from ESA staff in general, please refer to the ESA Competency Framework.
If you require support with your application due to a disability, please email [email protected].
Internships can take place remotely, on-site or partially on-site depending on the pandemic situation, and in line with the relevant Establishment’s policy (e.g. possible Green Pass requirement) applicable at the time of starting the internship.
Please note that applications are only considered from nationals of one of the following States: Austria, Belgium, the Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, and the United Kingdom. Nationals from Latvia, Lithuania, Slovakia and Slovenia, as Associate Member States, or Canada as a Cooperating State, can apply as well as those from Bulgaria, Croatia and Cyprus as European Cooperating States (ECS).
Apply for job
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (vacanciesin.eu) you saw this internship posting.