European Space Agency (ESA)
Internship Opportunity in the Director General’s Services.
ESA is an equal opportunity employer, committed to achieving diversity within the workforce and creating an inclusive working environment. We therefore welcome applications from all qualified candidates irrespective of gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity, beliefs, age, disability or other characteristics. Applications from women are encouraged.
Our team and mission
This position is based at the ESA HQ – Paris, France
Under the direct authority of the Director General, the Communication Department is responsible for:
- Establishing and implementing the ESA communication policy, with the objective of fulfilling the Agency’s task to collect relevant information and disseminate it to Member States;
- Providing communication support for the preparation of future programmes, with the aim of heightening awareness of ESA and its space activities among the general public in the Member States;
- Acting as the Agency’s focal point and spokesperson for all interactions with the media;
- Preparing a three-year communication strategy as well as an annual communication plan presented to Council in December of each year;
- Interfacing with the Heads of Communication in the delegations of Member States through the Advisory Communication Committee (ACC);
The Outreach Coordination Office, part of the Production and Management Support Division of the ESA Communication Department, is responsible for the coordination and the harmonization of public relations and outreach activities organized across the local outreach teams located at ESA establishments. As such It is responsible for defining and implementing a policy and plan for ESA’s presence at international and national exhibitions and strategic events in Member States, or other countries as necessary, including those for the general public. It relays on the Director General’s Advisory Committee on Communication (ACC) to develop, foster and maintain relationships with Member State communication entities and, in particular, those within national space agencies or offices and within all relevant European Union institutions. The Head of Outreach Coordination Office based at ESA HQ is the Secretary of the ACC.
For further information visit our web site: http://www.esa.int
Field(s) of activity for the internship
Topic: Support to the Head of Outreach Coordination Office ESA HQ and in particular in interactions with ESA Member States within the framework of the ESA Advisory Communication Committee
Reporting directly to the Head of Outreach Coordination Office of the ESA Communication Department, you will support :
- The ESA HQ Public Relation and Local Outreach Communication activities through the development and implementation of any physical and/or digital communication activities related to HQ ;
- Interactions with ESA Member States within the framework of the ACC through assisting organization committee as well as bilateral meetings
- The proper coordination and information flow with the communication department’s various offices and within the outreach office local teams
You must have student status and be enrolled at university for the entire duration of the internship. You should preferably be in your final or second to last year of a university course at master’s level in a technical or scientific discipline.
The working languages of the Agency are English and French. A good knowledge of one of these is required. Knowledge of another Member State language would be an asset.
For behavioural competencies expected from ESA staff in general, please refer to the ESA Competency Framework.
If you require support with your application due to a disability, please email [email protected].
Internships can take place remotely, on-site or partially on-site depending on the pandemic situation, and in line with the relevant Establishment’s policy (e.g. possible Green Pass requirement) applicable at the time of starting the internship.
Please note that applications are only considered from nationals of one of the following States: Austria, Belgium, the Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, and the United Kingdom. Nationals from Latvia, Lithuania, Slovakia and Slovenia, as Associate Member States, or Canada as a Cooperating State, can apply as well as those from Bulgaria, Croatia and Cyprus as European Cooperating States (ECS).
Apply for job
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (vacanciesin.eu) you saw this internship posting.