European Space Agency (ESA)
Internship Opportunity in the Directorate of Space Transportation.
ESA is an equal opportunity employer, committed to achieving diversity within the workforce and creating an inclusive working environment. We therefore welcome applications from all qualified candidates irrespective of gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity, beliefs, age, disability or other characteristics. Applications from women are encouraged.
Our team and mission
This position is based at the ESA HQ – Paris, France
CSG Infrastructure team is part of the Infrastructure and Value Chain department: we are in particular managing the contracts with CNES that implement the provisions of the ESA/France Agreement on CSG (le Centre Spatial Guyanais) and preparing CSG evolutions (eg projects toward a more sustainable Spaceport, …).
For further information visit our web site: http://www.esa.int
Field(s) of activity for the internship
Topic: Europe’s Spaceport
The European Space Agency is Europe’s gateway to space. Its mission is to shape the development of Europe’s space capability and ensure that investment in space continues to deliver benefits to the citizens of Europe and the world. We are seeking a passionate and intellectually curious individual (enrolled in a Political Science Program) to join our team and delve into the intricate dynamics of spaceports.
- Conduct a comprehensive study on the dual vision of space ports, evaluating the balance between territorial and international interests
- Dedicate a focus study on the Centre Spatial Guyanais (CSG), understanding its strategic significance and operations in the larger context
- Analyse the convergence and divergence points of territorial and international tendencies and draft potential strategies to reconcile them
- Perform various benchmarks to substantiate the analyses
- Collaborate with cross-functional ESA teams to gain insights and provide recommendations
- Present findings to the senior team at ESA, including insights and actionable recommendations
- Opportunity to work alongside leading experts in the field of space research
- Access to state-of-the-art resources
- A competitive stipend
You must have student status and be enrolled at university for the entire duration of the internship. You should preferably be in your final or second to last year of a university course at master’s level in a technical or scientific discipline.
The working languages of the Agency are English and French. A good knowledge of one of these is required. Knowledge of another Member State language would be an asset.
- Enrollment in, or recent graduation from, a Political Science program
- Strong analytical, research, and presentation skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and French. Proficiency in other European languages is a plus. French Language is mandatory
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment
- Genuine interest in space research, international relations, and geopolitics
For behavioural competencies expected from ESA staff in general, please refer to the ESA Competency Framework.
If you require support with your application due to a disability, please email [email protected].
Internships can take place remotely, on-site or partially on-site depending on the pandemic situation, and in line with the relevant Establishment’s policy (e.g. possible Green Pass requirement) applicable at the time of starting the internship.
Please note that applications are only considered from nationals of one of the following States: Austria, Belgium, the Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, and the United Kingdom. Nationals from Latvia, Lithuania, Slovakia and Slovenia, as Associate Member States, or Canada as a Cooperating State, can apply as well as those from Bulgaria, Croatia and Cyprus as European Cooperating States (ECS).
Apply for job
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (vacanciesin.eu) you saw this internship posting.