European Space Agency (ESA)
Internship Opportunity in the Directorate of Space Transportation.
ESA is an equal opportunity employer, committed to achieving diversity within the workforce and creating an inclusive working environment. We therefore welcome applications from all qualified candidates irrespective of gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity, beliefs, age, disability or other characteristics. Applications from women are encouraged.
Our team and mission
This position is based at the ESA HQ – Paris, France
Under the Infrastructure & Value Chain is responsible in particular for:
- Managing the contracts with CNES related to adaptations of the launch range, necessary for implementing STS programmes and ESA procured launch services;
- Managing the contracts with CNES that implement the provisions of the CSG Agreement and detail the related services to be provided by CNES;
- Negotiating with CNES/CSG and industry the future evolution of the CSG launch base and implement the related industrial activities;
- Implementing the Element 2 (support to Member States) of the Commercial Space Transportation Services Programme, in close cooperation with STS-S;
- Ensuring a focal point on space operation acts related to launch range operations policies;
- Ensuring visibility on Space Transportation manufacturing industry economic and ESG (Environment, Social and Governance) performances and propose measures to improve operational Space Transportation systems and services’ competitiveness;
For further information visit our web site: http://www.esa.int
Field(s) of activity for the internship
You can choose between the following topics:
1) Topic 1: Asset life cycle processes follow up
Support to the work of the Office related to the follow-up of actions stemming from the of the management ESA owned Fixed Assets through the asset life cycle, and in particular acceptance of new Ariane 6, Vega C and other Space Transportation programme assets:
- Follow up the approvals/signatures to complete the different asset life cycle administrative processes (Acceptances of new Fixed Assets, Modifications of existing assets, Physical Transfers, Disposals, Transfer of ownership,…)
- Establish & maintain an acceptance roadmap
- Follow up of new Decision Cards and other financial ESA requirements according to the Quality Management System (QMS).
- Update the list of contacts per Space Transportation Fixed Asset Operator.
- Print and send to the Fixed Asset Operators the ESA labels for new ESA owned Fixed Assets
- Update and follow up the table for the acceptance of new Fixed Assets with the Technical Officers
2) Topic 2: Physical Inspections
Support to the work of the Office related to Financial Year End closure 2023:
- Follow-up the yearly physical inspections of ESA Fixed Assets (submit the request to the FA operators and ensure that the feedback is received in time for the Year End Closure 2023)
3) Topic 3: Asset Management Tool
Support the work of the Office related to customization & deployment of the new Asset Management Tool:
- Process asset requests in the Asset management Tool (STEAM)
- Support the asset document management
- Supporting the data transfer & cleaning
- Data management
You must have student status and be enrolled at university for the entire duration of the internship. You should preferably be in your final or second to last year of a university course at master’s level in a technical or scientific discipline.
The working languages of the Agency are English and French. A good knowledge of one of these is required. Knowledge of another Member State language would be an asset.
- Knowledge and background in Political Science, Strategy studies, Economy, as well as in the structure of the organisation is an asset
For behavioural competencies expected from ESA staff in general, please refer to the ESA Competency Framework.
If you require support with your application due to a disability, please email [email protected].
Internships can take place remotely, on-site or partially on-site depending on the pandemic situation, and in line with the relevant Establishment’s policy (e.g. possible Green Pass requirement) applicable at the time of starting the internship.
Please note that applications are only considered from nationals of one of the following States: Austria, Belgium, the Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, and the United Kingdom. Nationals from Latvia, Lithuania, Slovakia and Slovenia, as Associate Member States, or Canada as a Cooperating State, can apply as well as those from Bulgaria, Croatia and Cyprus as European Cooperating States (ECS).
Apply for job
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (vacanciesin.eu) you saw this internship posting.