A sustainable, profitable and enjoyable future for a dairy farmer by combining robotization, engineering and farmer knowledge is what we believe in.
It started over 75 years ago with a dream of two brothers in Maassluis. Since then, we have been an innovative leader in automated systems for dairy farmers around the world. With 2,300 specialized professionals, we are constantly working on new agricultural revolutions. We still do so from our Campus in Maassluis, the building with the highest sustainability performance in the Netherlands, but also worldwide. Our goal is to make dairy farming interesting for the next generation.
Are you a dedicated student pursuing a technical degree related to data science, computer vision, or robotics? Do you have a passion for cutting-edge technology and innovation? Join us at Lely’s R&D department, where, you are involved in for cutting-edge robotics projects during this internship. This could include working on state-of-the-art algorithms, designing classical machine learning or deep learning models, and testing them in real farm environments.
- This is an collaboration internship. (With the possibility of graduation afterward.)
- We are seeking either a Master’s (MSc) student or a student in their final year of a University of Applied Sciences program (HBO) with a specialization in animal behavior.
- You can spend 40 hours a week on your internship.
- You are available from the end of January 2024 for a period of 4 to 9 months.
- You speak English or Dutch fluently.
As an intern at our R&D department, you’ll be exposed to a wide variety of projects, such as developing a complete autonomous robotics system, due to our fast-paced innovation. We’re seeking individuals who are proactive, eager to learn, and open to expanding their skill set.
- Currently pursuing a Master’s (MSc) degree or in the final year of a University of Applied Sciences (HBO) program in data science, machine learning, computer science, or a related field (robotics).
- Proficiency in programming languages like Python or C++.
- Demonstrated creativity and the ability to handle stress.
- A genuine interest and enthusiasm for computer vision.
What do we offer?
- Cutting-edge Experience: Work on, for example, projects at the forefront of technology in the robotics field.
- Mentorship: Receive guidance and mentorship from our experienced team.
- Innovation Hub: Join a dynamic and innovative work environment.
- International Exposure: Collaborate with colleagues from diverse backgrounds.
- Real-World Impact: Contribute to the development of technology that has a meaningful impact on agriculture.
We encourage you to apply and be a part of our exciting journey in shaping the future of agriculture through robotics. If you’re a Master’s (MSc) student or a final-year University of Applied Sciences student ready to take your technical skills to the next level, apply now and become a part of the Lely team.
An educational and crazy experience at an international company driven by innovation. If you have any questions, you can always contact one of your colleagues who are just as passionate in their field. Furthermore, we offer you:
- €400,- internship allowance per month;
- A broadly oriented internship in which you can observe all specializations;
- Possibly an apartment if the travel time is too long;
- Will you continue to work at Lely after your internship? Approximately 40% of the interns continue to work at Lely after their internship! Plenty of opportunities!
- Every two weeks a cool internship event where you get to know other interns better in an informal way!
- #FitatLely program with (online) sports lessons, master classes on working from home and other activities in the field of Body, Mind or Food.
Do you see yourself in the above points? Then apply directly to our vacancy on the website!
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (vacanciesin.eu) you saw this job posting.