Investment Operations Associate x2
- Hours – Part Time or Full Time considered (minimum 21 hours per week)
Location: Hybrid – Oxford Office and home working (mainly remote with regular
meet-ups at our Oxford office)
- Salary: £26,000 – £32,500 FTE dependent on experience
- Reporting to: Senior Operations Manager and Senior Investment Manager
Start date: ASAP – Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis – please
This role puts you at the heart of our organisation and at the cutting edge of making positive
investing mainstream. The Investment Operations Associate will be responsible for ensuring
smooth day-to-day operation of our award-winning platforms Ethex and Energise Africa. We are in
an exciting and pivotal time in our development, and we are currently recruiting for two
ambitious, driven and motivated team members to help support across our Operations and
Investment Management functions as we look to scale.
About Ethex and Energise Africa
We enable individuals to invest in impactful businesses they believe in – whether it’s fighting
climate change, reducing poverty or building resilient communities. Since 2013 Ethex and
Energise Africa have raised over £130 million of investment for over 100 impactful
organisations from ~20,000 positive savers and investors.
Reporting to the Senior Operations Manager and Senior Investment Manager, the two roles embrace
a wide remit to support colleagues across our Investment Management, Sales and Operations
functions with day-to-day investment administration to enable smooth operation of the company
and to enhance our customer service.
These roles are quite diverse in nature, and we are happy to fit each role to candidates to
help develop you in your areas of interest – whether that’s a route to becoming a sales and
investment manager, or a customer service champion and process improvement expert. Our current
team is made up of a diverse group of individuals from a range of professional backgrounds.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to work for an ethical, diverse and
impactful organisation, and to either help the internal team be agile, efficient, collaborative
and determined – in essence to be the glue which supports us all in our aims of taking Impact
Investing mainstream, or, to become a customer service champion.
Key skills and experience:
- As an ideal candidate, you will have at least 2-3 years of experience in a financial
services environment which could be in a customer service, investment management or business
operations role (a financial services background is desirable but is not essential for the
- Experience of working in the back office of a platform-based service organization would be
welcomed but again is not necessarily essential
- Excellent communication skills and a collaborative mindset, a can-do attitude’, engaging
with multiple parties from inside and outside the company
- The ability to build relationships, influence, manage conflicts if necessary and
efficiently navigate situations in order to get things done
- MS Office suite literate
- A passion for operational excellence and customer service excellence.
- A structured and self-disciplined approach to work
- An interest in sustainable development/impact investing or similar
- Preferable but not essential, experience in fast-moving, growing organisations
- We want to create a positive impact and make a difference in the world.
- We love helping communities, social entrepreneurs and businesses in innovative ways.
- We aim to provide excellent customer service and treat all our investors fairly.
- We are a friendly, dynamic, professional, and knowledgeable team.
- We are a small team that likes delivering big impact.
What it means to be part of our team
- You can work with mission driven, people and help to grow an award winning fintech social
- Engage with the social businesses we support to see positive impact first hand
- Put forward awesome projects that we should be raising investment for.
- Enjoy flexible working hours if it works for you and us.
- A good amount of holiday plus some extra days around Christmas when we close to have a
- Statutory pension scheme
- Plenty of bike racks to stash your bike
We hire great people from a variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to
do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values for making a positive
impact in the world and making money do good, you will find a home at Ethex.
We believe in a fairer future for all, and we know that by working together we can do much,
much more. We believe that everyone has the right to live and work without fear or prejudice
regardless of race, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, social class, religion and
Please send your CV and a covering letter to [email protected].
We’d love to hear where your passions and interests lie and which areas of the job
specification most appeal to you. Please indicate your salary expectations and whether you are
applying for the role on a full time or part time basis. We are hiring for two positions and
interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis. This opportunity will close once the roles
have been filled so please apply early to ensure you don’t miss out.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (vacanciesin.eu) you saw this job posting.