Imperial College London
Would you like to be part of a successful team developing research and technologies through collaborations with business and commercialisation of Imperial’s discoveries? Join us and contribute to generating major impact across one of the World’s leading universities!
As an IP Due Diligence Coordinator, you will provide administrative support to the IP due diligence team. This integral role in the team will work closely with due diligence Officers and Executives, other teams across Imperial’s Enterprise Division and inventors to initiate the due diligence process, while ensuring cases are prioritised and progressed to support Imperial’s technology commercialisation activities. You will be responsible for handling and maintaining several databases, to record inventorship, legal documents, and due diligence information, while keeping track of a large portfolio of cases and activities. You will also assist with preparing reports to funding partners and support with patent formalities and agreement management.
Enterprise is the College’s Division dedicated to industry interactions and academic business ventures. It is a dynamic, fast-paced division that drives forward strategically important commercial engagements, enhancing the College’s core mission, particularly in technology transfer and industry collaborations!
Duties and responsibilities
- You will be responsible for managing a large portfolio of IP cases arising from Imperial research which are progressing through due diligence, to identify third party obligations prior to commercialisation.
- Assisting with sending out forms to inventors, to initiate the IP due diligence process
- Providing support with collating information from inventors and supervising return of forms
- Ensuring all relevant information on the IP due diligence of a case is captured and recorded and that the process is completed prior to assignment of IP
- Maintaining a close relationship with the Industry Partnership and Commercialisation teams to ensure prioritisation due diligence work meets commercial priorities
- Assisting with completion of IP assignments
- Taking ownership of the signatures of agreements
- Supporting the Patent Formalities Officer with completion of patent formalities documentation to ensure timely submission to relevant patent office’s actions
- Assisting with the overall administration of the Patent and Licence Management Team where appropriate
To be successful in this role you will:
- have experience in a contract or licensing support, corporate legal support or licence management role in a university or commercial environment.
- have strong project management skills, have an outstanding ability to track a large number of projects and documents simultaneously while being extremely organised
- have a methodical and organised approach to work
- have an ability to work as part of a team, while being able to connect with contacts at all levels.
- have a good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and databases or Customer Relationship Management systems
Please apply with an application form via the online system. CVs without a completed application form will not be considered.
Type of contract: full time, open-ended
For further information, contact Dina Daley, EA/ Office Manager at [email protected]
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (vacanciesin.eu) you saw this job posting.