Optasia is a fully-integrated B2B2X financial technology platform covering scoring, financial decisioning, disbursement & collection. We provide a versatile AI Platform powering financial inclusion, delivering responsible financing decision-making and driving a superior business model & strong customer experience with presence in 30 Countries anchored by 7 Regional Offices. This position is for our Tech & Data hub in Heraklion, Crete.
We are seeking for enthusiastic professionals, with energy, who are results driven and have can-do attitude, who want to be part of a team of likeminded individuals who are delivering solutions in an innovative and exciting environment.
Data is at the core of Optasia’s growth plan and the Data Engineering team is a significant contributor to data-driven automated decision making. We are currently leveraging and ingesting data from multiple sources from MNOs into our large-scale big data clusters and we are in the process of optimizing and modernizing our processes and infrastructure as the company scales.
As member of Data Engineering team in Optasia, you will be able to design and implement highly scalable end-to-end batch and streaming data pipelines and contribute to company’s success.
What you will do
- Work closely with Data Architects, ML engineers and Data Analysts for the design, delivery and support of the company’s ETL and ML pipelines
- Develop and maintain our core libraries for batch processing and ingestion of large volumes of data
- Design and develop new processes for real-time streaming of data from multiple sources
- Develop and maintain the fast, accurate and efficient injection of data to the big data infrastructure
- Experiment with and adopt novel data engineering design patterns and technologies
What you will bring
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or Informatics
- Knowledge of data modeling, mining and warehousing techniques
- Good knowledge of one or programming languages, preferably Java, Scala or Python
- Good knowledge of SQL
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Passion for learning new technologies and eagerness to collaborate with other creative minds
- Optional requirements (will be considered a plus):
- Hands-on experience with Big Data technologies (Apache Spark, YARN, HDFS, MapReduce)
- Hands-on experience with NoSQL databases
- Experience on mathematical modelling, algorithms development, and machine learning
- Experience in working with secure code development guidelines and coding practices (i.e. OWASP, NIST)
Why you should apply
What we offer:
Competitive remuneration package
Extra day off on your birthday
Performance-based bonus scheme
⚕️ Comprehensive private healthcare insurance
All the tech gear you need to work smart
Be a part of a multicultural working environment
Meet a very unique and promising business and industry
Gain insights for tomorrow market’s foreground
A solid career path within our working family is ready for you
Continuous training and access to online training platforms
CSR activities and festive events within any possible occasion
Enjoy comfortable open space restaurant with varied meal options every day
Wellbeing activities access such as free on-site yoga classes, plus available squash court on our premises
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (vacanciesin.eu) you saw this job posting.