European Organisation for the Safety of Air Navigation (EUROCONTROL)
- Function title: Junior Project Engineer (Air Transport Domain)
- Reference: NOC-EG-2023-FGIV/695
- Location: Brétigny-sur-Orge
- The selected candidate must reside either at this location or within a reasonable proximity that allows for the satisfactory execution of their duties – Information about living in Brétigny-sur-Orge
- Nature of the competition: Internal and external competition
- Applicable regulations: Conditions of Employment of Contract Staff at EUROCONTROL
- Function group: Function group IV
- Job level: 13-15 – Check salary simulations for the basic grade
- Generic post: Junior Specialist
- Number of posts: 4
- Duration of engagement: 3 Year(s) – extension or conversion of the contract is possible – see “Useful information” section
- Security clearance: Security vetting may be required in accordance with the relevant EUROCONTROL security policies
- Directorate/Service: EGSD/INO/SHO – Stakeholder Operations Centre of Expertise
- Working arrangement: Hybrid work (remote and onsite)
- Competition publication date: 02/11/2023
- Competition closing date: 11/01/2024 (23:59 Brussels time)
- Reserve list: Applicable – See details in the “Useful information” section
Within the The European Green Sky Directorate, the EUROCONTROL Innovation Hub (EIH) carries out research, innovation and simulation activities to help improve European aviation performance, safety and sustainability, bridging the gap between R&D and operations. The EIH also addresses emerging new technologies as well as deployment of drones and urban air mobility systems.
Your role will be to:
- Support and contribute to the development, design and validation of new Air Transport and ATM concepts for SESAR and other R&I projects, working groups and/or studies related to the INO Programmes activities (SESAR, Innovation, Drones and Simulations) including:
o Capture stakeholders’ needs, and plan and task projects development.
o Define high-level validation objectives & techniques, and key performance areas to assess and support projects feasibility.
o Create, review and manage requirement engineering specifications for new concepts and systems (including but not limited to operational, regulatory, safety, design, environmental and testing requirements).
o Coordinate requirements and interfaces with stakeholders.
o Assess data results, technical metrics, and perform trend analysis.
o Perform assessments of projects feasibility through analytical modelling, data analysis or fast-time simulation.
o Drafting OSEDs (as per ED78A), ConOps or equivalent documentation.
- Review and prepare engineering and technical analyses, reports, change proposals, and other technical documentation.
- Support and participate in various aviation activities and events to promote EUROCONTROL’s contribution to relevant projects.
- Carry out any other tasks in line with the main purpose of the job.
Required qualifications, experience & competencies
- University degree of 4 years in a relevant domain (e.g. Sciences, Engineering, Mathematics, etc), plus minimum 2 years of relevant working experience.
- Experience in an engineering discipline with a broad general understanding of engineering and design methodologies.
- Knowledge in operations and tooling for at least one of the following domains:
o Air Traffic Management / Air Navigation Services (ATM/ANS)
o Airspace Users
- Ability to analyse and assess operational and technological trends and identify and develop most promising approaches.
- Technical document writing and presentation skills in English.
- As an asset:
- Experience in SESAR/Research and Innovation projects.
- Experience or knowledge in agile development methodologies.
- Experience in UX/UI design.
- Experience in data visualisation tools (Power BI, Tableau, etc).
- Knowledge in E-OCVM.
- Knowledge in data analytics, statistical analysis, modelling, algorithm design and software development/scripting.
- Analytical thinking: you analyse information and you are able to identify relationships.
- Creativity and innovation: You are open to new approaches.
- Communication: You are able to foster two-way communication.
- Team work: You foster teamwork.
- Professional conduct in line with the corporate behaviours of the Agency, i.e. result-driven, readiness to change, customer focus, integrity and team-player approach.
- The working languages of the Agency are English and French. For this particular job, candidates must be proficient users of English at level C1. The selected candidate will be required to become at least a basic user of French at level A1/A2 before the end of the probation period.
The levels relate to the European-framework-reference Common European Framework of References for languages (CEFR).
- Applications will be accepted from nationals of EUROCONTROL Member States only.
- The selected candidate will be offered a contract of 3 years and it may be renewed up to a maximum of 9 years or converted into an undetermined contract pursuant to the provisions of the Conditions of Employment of Contract Staff at EUROCONTROL. Before being established in the post, he/she will be requested to provide certified copies of his/her degrees and successfully serve a probationary period of 9 months.
- The successful candidate shall be engaged in principle at the basic grade of the advertised grades.
- In case of reserve list: Suitable candidates, however not selected to fill the post, will be placed on a reserve list for similar functions. The period of validity of reserve list is 1 year from the closing date of applications.
- Information on salary and benefits can be found on our Careers site
- EUROCONTROL is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to equality and diversity. In the event of equal merit, preference may be given to the applicant from the under-represented diversity characteristics in order to complement diversity of teams and rebalance the workforce.
- Candidates should go to our Careers site and read the tips on how to apply.
Apply for job
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (vacanciesin.eu) you saw this internship posting.