University of East Anglia, Norwich
FACULTY PROFESSIONAL SERVICES
FACULTY OF ARTS AND HUMANITIES
Salary on appointment will be £23,715 per annum, with an annual increment up to £27,131 per annum.
A fantastic opportunity has arisen to join our Faculty Professional Services team working in the Faculty of Arts and Humanities. Our work covers a broad cross section of topics, working in partnership with our academic colleagues and other professional service units to ensure the smooth running of our Schools. We enjoy a culture of hybrid working, using collaborative technology and process automation to work smarter together.
The main responsibility of the Languages Coordinator role is to oversee and run the key elements of the extracurricular language classes, diplomas and events that take place within the School of Politics, Philosophy, Language and Communication Studies.
You will be self-motivated with the ability to work independently. The role requires good customer service and the ability to build strong relationships across the university as well as with students and members of the public.
The work is reliant on IT systems, so good IT skills are required, along with the ability to successfully manage a busy workload with competing demands and priorities.
If you meet all the essential criteria outlined in the person specification, we would welcome your application.
- 34 days annual leave inclusive of Bank Holidays and University Customary days.
- Family and Work-life balance policies including hybrid working and considerable maternity, paternity, shared parental leave and adoption leave.
- Generous pension scheme with life cover for dependents, plus incapacity cover.
- Health and Wellbeing: discounted access to sportspark facilities, relaxation rooms, 320 acres of rolling parkland, wellbeing walks, medical centre, Occupational Health and a 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme.
- Campus Facilities: sportspark, library, nursery, supermarket, post office, bars and catering outlets.
- Exclusive shopping discounts to help cut the cost of household bills, childcare salary sacrifice scheme, Cycle to Work scheme and public transport discounts.
- Personal Development: unlimited access to LinkedIn Learning courses, specialist advice and training from our Organisational Development and Professional Learning Team.
This full-time post is available immediately on an indefinite basis.
UEA offers a variety of flexible working options and although this role is advertised on a full- time basis, we encourage applications from individuals who would prefer a flexible working pattern including annualised hours, flexible working, job share and/or hybrid working. Details of preferred hours should be stated in the personal statement and will be discussed further at interview.
Closing date: 17 April 2023
The University is committed to diversifying its workforce. As examples, we already hold an Athena SWAN Silver Institutional Award in recognition of our advancement towards gender equality. We also have a Vice-Chancellor led Taskforce on Tackling Racism and a Race Equality Charter Working Group which support our work on race equality. Our aim is to submit to the Race Equality Charter in 2024.
SC4354_-… (.pdf) (1789kb) ,
Guidance… (.pdf) (2225kb)
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (vacanciesin.eu) you saw this job posting.