Working as part of the Global Strategy and Impact Programme, this role will help strengthening Amnesty International’s human rights impact through developing and leading on participatory planning and priority setting processes on the global and regional level, virtually and face to face. The post holder will project manage our annual movement-wide action planning and shape the communication accompanying it. They will also support strategy development and planning on team level and cross-regionally. The post holder will refine and embed Amnesty’s planning and learning methodology, skills, and practices across the Amnesty movement and ensure consistency of our PMEL circle.
The location for this post is London but we will consider options to base candidates in other locations where there is an Amnesty International office.
You will have extensive experience working cross-regionally with participatory planning processes on multiple levels (national, regional, global) both virtually and face to face. You will be familiar with virtual and face to face facilitation techniques and methods, that help teams and global organisations move towards their desired outcomes in a structured manner. You will have thorough knowledge and formal training in process and project management, as well as being an excellent communicator, who enjoys working creatively to find solutions.
- Refine and accompany Amnesty’s annual, movement-wide planning cycle, design and support strategy development and action planning on team level
- Design consultation processes with internal and external stakeholders for country and thematic strategies
- Build and maintain a community of practice for Amnesty’s planning, monitoring, evaluation, and learning approach (PMEL)
- Lead and facilitate the upskilling and learning processes (e.g. Impact & Learning Week) globally on planning and project management, in line with existing standards and adapt to different demands.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues in the Global Strategy and Impact Programme (GSIP) to strengthen PMEL tools across Amnesty International and ensure an integrated PMEL approach
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Extensive knowledge and experience in designing and facilitating participatory planning processes virtually and face to face on a large scale
- Knowledge and training in agile project management
- Extensive experience in developing strategies and action plans on national, regional, and global level
- Extensive experience in designing and implementing participatory consultation processes for strategy development and action planning with multiple stakeholders
- Knowledge of and experience with a variety of tools and platforms that support virtual facilitation
Please see the attached job description for more information on responsibilities, skills and experience required.
Amnesty International is a global movement of more than 10 million people who campaign for a world where human rights are enjoyed by all. We reach almost every country in the world.
Our aim is simple: an end to human rights abuses. Independent, international and influential, we campaign for justice, fairness, freedom and truth wherever they’re denied. And whether we’re applying pressure through powerful research or direct lobbying, mass demonstrations or online campaigning, we’re all inspired by hope for a better world. One where human rights are respected and protected by everyone, everywhere.
At Amnesty International, we are passionate about what we do and we are proud of our achievements as a movement. To compensate our employees for the critical work they do, we reward them through a combination of an attractive and sector competitive salary and benefits package, high levels of engagement and involvement, and a commitment to employee development.
Benefits include 37 days annual leave (inclusive of public holidays and grace days), pension scheme, employee assistance programme, life assurance and many more benefits designed to suit your own personal lifestyle. All of this, in a professional, engaging environment.
For further information on our benefits, please visit https://www.amnesty.org/en/careers/benefits/
WHAT WE HOPE YOU WILL DO NEXT
If you are talented, passionate about human rights and want to use your skills, knowledge and experience to change the world then we would encourage you to click ‘Apply for this Role’ below.
Freedom, Justice, Equality. Let’s get to work.
N.B. We reserve the right to close a vacancy before the closing date in the event of an overwhelming response or a change in business priorities.**
Amnesty International is committed to being an inclusive employer and providing an inclusive and accessible recruitment process for all. If you would like to receive any information in a different way or would like us to do anything differently to help you apply for our roles, please get in touch with the team by [email protected]
How to apply