Brockenhurst College has an exciting opportunity for a Lead Learning Support Assistant who will assist the Foundation Independence Hub Manager in the development of learning support for Pre/Entry Learners with complex needs within the newly built Hub at Brockenhurst College. This is a permanent role, working Monday to Friday, 40 weeks per year. In return, you will receive a competitive salary of £21,609 per annum pro rata.
Alongside Foundation Hub Learning Support duties, this role will contribute to the recruitment, training, timetabling and mentoring of Foundation Hub LSAs.
We are a high-achieving college who attract around 2,800 sixth form students across the region each year. We are based within the stunning New Forest National Park and offer our students a huge range of courses and superb facilities.
Foundation & Inclusive Learning
Contracted working hours
£21,609.00 pro rata
Responsibilities as our Lead Learning Support Assistant will include:
- Recruiting of Learning Support Assistants for the Independence Hub
- Inducting and mentoring new staff
- Providing personal care, specific delegated clinical skills (with guidance from appropriate therapist/college nurse) support with meals and support moving and positioning students in accordance with OT and physiotherapy guidance
- Pro-actively working in the Independence Hub support team delivering timetabled Learning Support when not engaged in other responsibilities
- Being aware of and complying with policies and procedures relating to child protection, health, safety and security, confidentiality and data protection, reporting all concerns to an appropriate internal nominee
- Being aware of and supporting differences, and ensuring students have equal access to opportunities to learn and develop
- Contributing to and supporting the overall ethos/work/aims of the College
- Contributing to the development of a College culture that supports our vision and core purpose, core values and strategic priorities
- Working with integrity, openness and honesty to create a self-critical culture that strives for excellence
As our Lead Learning Support Assistant, you’llideally have:
- Educational qualifications to GCSE standard in Maths, English and ICT (4/C Grade) L3 LSA qualification
- Relevant experience of supporting young people with complex SEND needs
- Experience in safeguarding students
- The ability to relate well to students with a diverse range of needs
- The ability to communicate and establish rapport with young people and colleagues
- Recognising and implementing professional boundaries at all times
- A willingness to be flexible as to working hours according to the needs of the students
- 25 days leave plus bank holidays (pro rata for part time staff)
- An option to purchase further leave through our Annual Leave Purchase Scheme
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme provided externally to the College. This is a completely confidential service and is free to all members of staff at the College.
- On-site Nursery offers childcare at superb rates in and outside of term time
- Enrolment into the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Free eye care vouchers
- Free secure onsite parking
- Access to a range of discounts including shopping, travel and healthcare
- Access to onsite Gym, Tennis/Badminton courts, Football pitches (indoor & out)
- Weekly staff football
Closing Date: Sunday 11th June2023
If you feel you are the right candidate for this Lead Learning Support Assistant role, then please click ‘apply’ now! We’d love to hear from you!
The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults, and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undertake appropriate safeguarding checks which includes an enhanced DBS check as well as providing proof of right to work in the UK.
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (vacanciesin.eu) you saw this job posting.