In your role as Leadership Media and Communications Manager, you will be planning, developing and implementing a programme of communication activities designed to promote the human rights work and messaging of the Secretary General as well as the International Secretariat’s Coalition Leadership Team.
We are looking for a candidate who has substantial experience in supporting communications for high profile individuals. You will know how to spot or create media moments and promote content on digital and traditional platforms. You will have knowledge of current political and human rights trends. You will be a team player with strong interpersonal and negotiation skills. Candidates must be able to communicate fluently in written and spoken English as well as at least one other language (preferably Spanish/French).
Please submit your CV along with a recent unedited piece of writing you have produced that is under 1,000 words when applying via the link below.
The preferred location for this role is London, however other locations will be considered. The salary on offer will be dependent on the location.
- Support and grow the public profile of the Secretary General of Amnesty International in the media, including placement in high profile media outlets and other platforms as needed, through strategic communication activities.
- Working with relevant teams, support the media activities involving the Secretary General and the Coalition Leadership Team, including news conferences, media briefings, and other speaking engagements.
- Write and edit impactful content for a variety of publications, media and platforms for the Secretary General and the Coalition Leadership team.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Substantial, relevant experience in a similar role in communications, journalism or public relations in an international environment.
- Strong knowledge of international media, with established contacts at key publications and broadcast outlets, with experience in promoting a wide range of content on digital and traditional platforms.
- Experience in supporting successful media events including press conferences, briefings and seminars in a range of contexts.
- Experience of working in large and complex organizations, preferably with a focus on human rights.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills, patience, and ability to stay calm in demanding situations.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and additional language is required, with French and Spanish preferred.
Please see attached job description for more information on responsibilities, skills and experience required.
Amnesty International is a global movement of more than 10 million people who campaign for a world where human rights are enjoyed by all. We reach almost every country in the world.
Our aim is simple: an end to human rights abuses. Independent, international and influential, we campaign for justice, fairness, freedom and truth wherever they’re denied. And whether we’re applying pressure through powerful research or direct lobbying, mass demonstrations or online campaigning, we’re all inspired by hope for a better world. One where human rights are respected and protected by everyone, everywhere.
At Amnesty International, we are passionate about what we do and we are proud of our achievements as a movement. To compensate our employees for the critical work they do, we reward them through a combination of an attractive and sector competitive salary and benefits package, high levels of engagement and involvement, and a commitment to employee development.
Benefits include 37 days annual leave (inclusive of public holidays and grace days), pension scheme, employee assistance programme, life assurance and many more benefits designed to suit your own personal lifestyle. All of this, in a professional, engaging environment.
For further information on our benefits, please visit https://www.amnesty.org/en/careers/benefits/
WHAT WE HOPE YOU WILL DO NEXT
If you are talented, passionate about human rights and want to use your skills, knowledge and experience to change the world then we would encourage you to click ‘Apply for this Role’ below.
Freedom, Justice, Equality. Let’s get to work.
N.B. We reserve the right to close a vacancy BEFORE the closing date in the event of an overwhelming response or a change in business priorities, therefore we recommend you apply now if you are interested.
Amnesty International is committed to being an inclusive employer and providing an inclusive and accessible recruitment process for all. If you would like to receive any information in a different way or would like us to do anything differently to help you apply for our roles, please get in touch with the team by [email protected]