Berks, Bucks & Oxon Wildlife Trust
Learning Officer (part-time, 9 month contract)
To plan, manage and deliver inspiring educational programmes and events for children, young
people and adults at the Nature Discovery Centre.
The post holder reports to the Learning Manager West.
No line Management Responsibilities.
- To develop and deliver nature-themed events and activities at the Nature Discovery Centre
(and other sites) to a range of audiences and age groups
- To undertake training agreed with line manager
- Adhere to all Trust policies, procedures and systems
- To represent the Trust in a professional manner and to act at all times in a manner which
will not damage its reputation
- To ensure that all health and safety obligations are met in all aspects of the role,
including ensuring implementation of BBOWT’s Child Welfare and Safety Code of Practice
- Ability and willingness to demonstrate the BBOWT behaviours of Connect; Grow; Lead by
Example; Positivity; and Conscious Inclusion
- To promote a culture of membership recruitment within the team
- Any other duties as delegated by the Chief Executive, Line Manager or Director
- Able to communicate clearly and appropriately to a range of audiences
- Skilled at designing and delivering environmental education or other educational activities
for children, young people and adults
- Creative skills
- Ability to liaise with external facilitators
- Ability to work with a range of people from different backgrounds, age groups and
- Able to engage and effectively communicate with volunteers
- Competent in use of MS Office functions such as Word and Outlook and Excel
- Ability and willingness to demonstrate the BBOWT behaviours and values
- Current UK valid car driving licence
- First aid qualification*
* means that the certification must be achieved within 6 months of being appointed in post (if
not already qualified). In these instances, the candidate appointed will receive appropriate
training and two opportunities to pass assessments to ensure that they do meet the criteria.
The training and assessments will take place within the six month probationary period or a
longer period if agreed by the Trust. A consistent failure to achieve an adequate standard in
tests for ‘essential’ skills is likely to mean that the employment will be terminated.
Measurements Of Success
- Positive feedback from activity participants and their families
- Successful delivery of education programmes/events
- Successful delivery of Lifelong learning activities
- Amount of supervision required
- Completion of tasks on schedule and to expected standards
The Berks, Bucks & Oxon Wildlife Trust is committed to equal opportunities and maintaining
a safe and secure environment for all children and young people. Therefore, the successful
applicant for this position will be subject to pre-employment checks including an enhanced
Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Please note, it is an offence to apply for this
position if barred from engaging in regulated activity relevant to children.
Find out more & apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (vacanciesin.eu) you saw this job posting.