University of Salford
A bit about the Nursing and Midwifery Directorate in the School of Health & Society…
Our Nursing and Midwifery Directorate in our School of Health & Society is one of the largest providers of nursing, midwifery and allied health professional education programmes in the UK, known for our track record of collaborating with a wide range of industry partners across health and social care to produce highly skilled graduates with real work experience. We are at an interesting time in the Higher Education sector, there is significant change in terms of oversight, student expectations and changing demographics and we are trying to do things differently so that we stay ahead of these changes. Our connection to industry through our partnerships with Greater Manchester Health and Social Care Providers is stronger than ever – It’s everything we do and the way we do everything.
So what will the role involve?
- Contribute to teaching, research and leadership at undergraduate and postgraduate programmes
- Contribute across the spectrum of academic work in the School through learning, teaching, research and enterprise
- Take a lead in your own area of expertise and develop new ideas to meet the needs of the modern world
- Contribute to our thinking and be challenging on how Salford can transform the way it addresses equity disparities, embraces diversity and becomes more inclusive
- Foster the development of an inclusive community, using teaching approaches which encourage inclusivity, working in partnership with students to improve their sense of belonging, diversifying the curriculum and using approaches to inclusive assessment to close the award gap
- The types of experience we are looking for includes any general and specialist nursing experience, and Health Visiting.
What’s in it for you?
Competitive salary – and excellent pension scheme
Generous annual leave – plus the option to buy additional holiday days
Flexible working – we support a culture of both flexible and agile working, to help you find the right balance (Subject to Business Requirements)
Professional development – a comprehensive package of training and development opportunities to help you achieve your full potential
Our community – there’s a real sense of belonging here at Salford. We value diversity — in backgrounds and in experiences. Our difference makes us stronger, and together we share a passion for improving students’ lives
The perks! MySalford, our online employee portal, offers a wide range of lifestyle benefits and discounts
Wellbeing support –dedicated services and facilities to support your mental and physical health, ranging from an Employee Assistance Programme and counselling to sports and fitness facilities, including discounted gym memberships
Sustainable Salford – We embed sustainability in all aspects of university life and have a commitment to becoming NetZero Carbon by 2038
Greater Manchester – Live and work in one of the most vibrant regions in the UK, a hot spot of digital innovation, excellent schools and colleges, and with affordable city, suburban and rural living options to suit a wide range of lifestyle choices. Our Peel Park campus is unique and offers lots of green spaces. Our MediaCity campus is at the heart of one of the country’s leading digital and media hubs
Team Salford – By joining us, you can be part of our ambitious journey and help make a real difference to the people and communities we support
However you identify, whatever your journey has been to get here, come and join us at the University of Salford where we are all proud to belong! watch us in action here!
At the University of Salford, you’ll join a place to be inspired, connect, and thrive.
What to do next?
If you are interested in this position, we would love to hear from you. You are very welcome to contact Melanie Rushton [email protected] or Vicky MacMillan on [email protected] (Head of Adult Nursing) us for an informal discussion.
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (vacanciesin.eu) you saw this job posting.