University of Salford
Salford Business School is looking for an experienced Lecturer in Business Data Analysis! This an exciting time to join the team, as we invest significantly in the School and implement our ambitious plans for growth in undergraduate and postgraduate programmes.
You will design and deliver engaging teaching materials for a range of modules, with a focus on ‘real world’ learning. You will be committed to delivering an excellent student experience focused on inclusivity and exceptional student outcomes. We are looking for someone who has a plethora of experience in data analysis, who is capable of fully realising the linkages between the practicalities of business and industry with the key academic disciplines that are currently a focus for research and teaching within the Business School. The ideal candidate should have a team-working mindset but also able to solve problems independently, they should also be able to embrace change in a dynamic workplace.
- Design and deliver a range of teaching materials and modules, as well as setting, marking and assessing work
- Supervise student projects, including, where appropriate, PGT, field trips and placements
- Extend, transform and apply knowledge acquired from scholarship to learning, research and where appropriate external activities
- Work with colleagues from across our School to share best practice knowledge and find opportunities to collaborate, where appropriate, to enhance the student experience
- Promote equality and diversity for students and staff and sustain an inclusive and supportive study and work environment in accordance with University policy
A bit about Salford Business School…
Industry collaborations, knowledge transfer partnerships (KTPs), research partnerships, international exchanges, student opportunities, outreach activities – these are just some of the ways we connect and work together.
As a Small Business Charter accredited School, we are proud to work in partnership with a wide range of regional businesses, from SMEs to multinationals, supporting growth and productivity in Greater Manchester and the wider region.
We are in the top 5 HESA ranking for SME engagement and the first university in the UK to gain a Social Enterprise Gold Mark.
Our on-campus business enterprises offer real-world experiences for our students, including, Launch@Salford, our on-site business incubation, and SILKS, our on-campus law clinic.
We deliver opportunities across business, law and accounting, where our students gain real-world knowledge and develop future-focused skills in a supportive and inclusive environment. Along the way, they learn to be curious, adaptable and confident, ready to meet the digital, ethical and sustainability challenges of the 21st century.
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive salary – and excellent pension scheme (you may wish to add specific contribution range)
- Generous annual leave – plus the option to buy additional holiday days (you may wish to add specific days)
- Flexible working – we support a culture of flexible and agile working to help you find the right balance
- Professional development – we offer a comprehensive package of training and development opportunities to help you achieve your full potential
- Our community – there’s a real sense of belonging here at Salford. We value diversity, in backgrounds and in experiences. Our difference makes us stronger, and together we share a passion for improving students’ lives.
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (vacanciesin.eu) you saw this job posting.