UNIVERSITY OF PORTSMOUTH
2 Nov 2023
- UNIVERSITY OF PORTSMOUTH
- Research Field
- Psychological sciences
- Researcher Profile
- Recognised Researcher (R2)
First Stage Researcher (R1)
- United Kingdom
- Application Deadline
- 12 Nov 2023 – 00:00 (UTC)
- Type of Contract
- Job Status
- Is the job funded through the EU Research Framework Programme?
- Not funded by an EU programme
- Is the Job related to staff position within a Research Infrastructure?
The University of Portsmouth is a global employer of choice where exceptional people create, share and apply knowledge that makes a difference.
Experience the pride of being part of a select group – one of only four universities in the south-east of England to achieve a prestigious Gold rating in the Teaching Excellence Framework. Additionally, we proudly rank among the top 140 universities globally in the Times Higher Young University World Rankings.
Ambition, Responsibility and Openness drive our every endeavour. Join our esteemed institution with a proven track record of success, and where dedication to excellence is key. We want people to make their mark in a professional community that truly values people, innovation, and achievement.
The School of Education, Languages and Linguistics at the University of Portsmouth is seeking to recruit a Lecturer in Early Childhood and Psychology.
This is an important role for our School with the successful candidate becoming part of our teaching and research community. Furthermore, we are very interested to receive applications form candidates who are interested in working with our partner colleges on the development and delivery of Foundation Degrees.
The successful candidate will work with course teams and the School’s external partners to facilitate an excellent student experience. They should have proven experience of delivering excellence in education alongside an emerging research profile.
Our school belongs to a long-established global community comprising students, staff and partner organisations. This provides an inclusive multicultural environment where all are welcomed.
For further information and an informal conversation please email [email protected]
Applications will close on Midnight Sunday 12th November 2023
The in-person interviews are expected to take place the week commencing 20th November 2023.
DISCOVER THE ADVANTAGES OF JOINING OUR UNIVERSITY. WE OFFER A RANGE OF ATTRACTIVE BENEFITS AND OPPORTUNITIES TO ENHANCE YOUR WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Competitive salary, including incremental progression within your scale.
- Contributory defined benefits pension schemes – Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS) for support and research staff and Teachers Pensions for our academic staff.
- Generous leave entitlement of 32–35 days a year, plus bank holidays, and an additional Christmas closure.
- Family-friendly policies supporting flexible working.
- Staff discounts and loyalty schemes.
- Staff car parking and discounted public travel.
- Excellent training and development opportunities.
- Staff wellbeing programmes.
- Long service awards and recognition awards, which are awarded to staff for exceptional performance.
- Recreation facilities, including discounted gym membership, food on campus schemes, use of the Library and staff social activities.
- Discounted learning.
- Start-up business mentoring from expert entrepreneurs via our Entrepreneurs in Residence programme.
- The perks don’t stop there – click ‘apply’ for further information on My Reward and Benefits
Prior to submitting your application, kindly ensure that you can either demonstrate or acquire the necessary right to work in the UK. If you currently do not possess the right to work in the UK, please be aware that our offer of employment is conditional upon you obtaining it.
We are strongly dedicated to embedding equality, diversity and inclusion (EDI) within our community. As an Athena SWAN and Race Equality Charter award holder, a member of Stonewall and a Disability Confident Employer we are passionate about creating a welcoming and inclusive environment, regardless of your background. We welcome applications from all talented people. In addition, we want our workforce to be representative of our diverse student population. Please see our EDI Framework and objectives .
Please note the closing date may be extended if required.
- Number of offers available
- UNIVERSITY OF PORTSMOUTH
- United Kingdom
Where to apply
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (vacanciesin.eu) you saw this job posting.