Lecturer in Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
£36,000 per annum plus excellent benefits
3x Opportunities available
Agile/Remote-based work within the UK
18 month Fixed Term Contract
At Arden University, we pride ourselves on being true innovators, disruptors and pioneers, our focus is to promote life-long learning and ensure that everyone, everywhere can access higher education. We are currently recruiting Lecturers in Equity, Diversity and Inclusion to join our Faculty of Learning and Teaching Office.
The Lecturer in Equity, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) will play a key role in ensuring Arden’s curriculum, across all schools and faculties, is inclusive, diverse, accessible and gives students equitable opportunities for success.
This will involve but is not limited to:
- Reviewing curriculum and module materials in a range of programmes and schools using the Arden Inclusive Curriculum Framework
- Identifying areas where modules could be enhanced or adapted to be made more inclusive
- Liaising with module teams to suggest changes to module content
- Building positive and professional relationships with teams within the University, including Portfolio Development, Careers, APD, Digital Learning and others
- Representing EDI in Arden, promoting or leading on EDI initiatives as required
- Managing own activity and reflecting on practice and development of skills, with support/guidance as needed.
- Undertaking administrative activities to support teaching and learning activities
- Running or supporting seminars, mini-conferences, events and other ad-hoc APD activities
- Supporting the Head of APD with evaluation, scholarship or research activity to continually enhance the APD programme
We would like to hear from applicants who have;
- A postgraduate qualification in a subject with relevance to teaching, learning, higher education or EDI as well as HEA Fellowship at FHEA or SFHEA level, or commitment to gain within 12 months of appointment
- Skills in a range of teaching, learning and assessment methods and approaches appropriate to a UK Higher Education context
- Specialist skills and experience in EDI and/or inclusive curriculum development
- Good understanding of the challenges learners can experience in higher education and/or technology-enhanced learning
At Arden, you will become a part of a passionate and dedicated team who are committed to removing unnecessary barriers to learning and making education more accessible. Our people work hard to ensure our students journeys are the best they can possibly be, as such we want to reward our people with fantastic benefits. Employees benefit from:
- 30 days holiday, add the bank holiday on top, and we even throw in Christmas closure
- A generous Aviva pension plan, our contributions start at 7%
- PMI or Healthcare Cashback (dependent on role grade)
- Study any Arden course for free, with generous discount for all family and friends
- Our ‘Golden Ticket’ which allows you to gift anyone in your life a free Arden education
- Plus, other competitive benefits !
Stand out, Progressive, Accessible, Resourceful, Kindness, reflect who we are as an institution, a team and as individuals. If they also reflect you and you are excited by the chance to be the driving, creative force within a growing business, we want to hear from you.
Find out more by accessing the full job description , or to start your journey with us, click apply!
Closing Date: Monday 25th September 2023
We reserve the right to close this vacancy before the specified closing date should we receive sufficient applications or in order to respond to business needs. In order to avoid missing an opportunity to apply please submit your application as early as possible.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we recognise, and studies confirm, that often underrepresented candidates in the work place are less likely to apply to roles unless they meet all skills and experience of the position. At Arden we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, therefore we make sure that our recruitment and selection processes never discriminate based upon age, race, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, or pregnancy, and actively welcome applications from all groups.
So, if you want to be part of Arden and our journey, but you feel that you’re missing some of the skills or experience the role requires, then we encourage you to apply anyway as you may make a great candidate for this role or others!
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (vacanciesin.eu) you saw this job posting.