We are looking for a committed and creative Lecturer in Marine Engineering to join our team here at Brockenhurst College on a full time, permanent basis at our Marchwood Skills Centre site. In return, you will receive a competitive salary of £44,446 per annum.
We are a high-achieving college who attract around 2,800 sixth form students across the region each year. We are based within the stunning New Forest National Park and offer our students a huge range of courses and superb facilities.
About the role:
As the Lecturer in Marine Engineering, you will continually improve the learning experience and achievement of students through effective teaching and assessing.
Marchwood Skills Centre
Contracted working hours
Marchwood Skills Centre
Responsibilities as our Lecturer in Marine Engineering will include:
- Teaching on courses as agreed with the Head of Curriculum across Marine Engineering, to reflect the needs of the department and your area of expertise
- Acting as a Personal Tutor to students, full time students / Pre cadets
- Working closely with other colleagues to respond to the needs of fulltime students, apprentices and pre – cadets
- Preparing and marking student work, monitoring progress towards individual targets, keeping records and providing timely reports/reviews to students, parents, employers, and College managers, as appropriate
- Working closely with other colleagues to respond to the needs of full-time students, apprentices, and pre-cadets
- Participating, as a team member, in the development of teaching methods and strategies towards an ethos of continuous improvement
- Contributing to the self-assessment process and taking responsibility for relevant actions and targets in the development plan for the curriculum area
- Participating in the College’s Lesson Observation Scheme
- Undertaking professional development and training to contribute to individual and College development
- Undertaking such duties as may be reasonably requested from time to time
As our Lecturer in Marine Engineering, you willideally have:
- EOOW Certificate of Competency REG111/1
- Qualification in Marine Engineering or Royal Navy Equivalent or HND in Marine Engineering
- Merchant Navy Officer, with a minimum of 12 months’ sea time
- Knowledge and understanding of the requirements of the Merchant Navy cadetships.
- Knowledge and understanding of current developments in the relevant curriculum area with a special emphasis on the Merchant Navy
- 37 days leave plus bank holidays (pro rata for part time staff)
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme provided externally to the College. This is a completely confidential service and is free to all members of staff at the College.
- On-site Nursery offers childcare at superb rates in and outside of term time
- Enrolment into the Teachers’ Pension Scheme
- Free eye care vouchers
- Free secure onsite parking
- Access to a range of discounts including shopping, travel, and healthcare
- Access to main site Gym, Tennis/Badminton courts, Football pitches (indoor & out)
- Weekly staff Yoga and Football
If you feel you are the right candidate for this Lecturer in Marine Engineering role, then please click ‘apply’ now! We’d love to hear from you!
Closing Date: Tuesday 26th September
The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people, and vulnerable adults, and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undertake appropriate safeguarding checks which includes an enhanced DBS check as well as providing proof of right to work in the UK.
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (vacanciesin.eu) you saw this job posting.