King's College London
This post provides an exciting opportunity to contribute to the development, delivery, and revision of King’s College London’s Distance Learning MSc/PG Dip/PG Cert programmes in
Psychology & Neuroscience of Mental Health and
Applied Neuroscience with the object of ensuring a high standard of education and outcomes for students. The postholder will play a critical role in the organisation and delivery of our online education portfolio in the fields of neuroscience, psychology and mental health. They will undertake online teaching activities on the above programmes and contribute to the development, administration, delivery, assessment, and enhancement of taught modules. The successful applicant will supervise online research projects and undertake administrative responsibilities as well as supervisory/pastoral activities for students.
The successful candidate will oversee the delivery of two modules 7PADMPAR (Research Skills: From Methods & Procedures to Analysis and Reporting), 7PAYFAFF (Psychology & Neuroscience of Affective Disorders) and provide cover on other modules as required.
This post will be offered as a 10 -month fixed-term contract (maternity cover)
This is a full-time post
• Contribute to online education-related activities (teaching, tutoring, supervision, marking, moderation, education leadership and innovation, and administration)
• Contribute to high-quality research-led online teaching with favourable student feedback
• Offer and supervise online research projects
• Contribute to the development and integration of innovative digital education as well as effective and inclusive assessment strategies
• Engage with the student body to ensure a high standard of student satisfaction
• Show commitment to improving teaching methods and taking on more complex education-related roles
• Provide input into programme admissions, recruitment activities, assessment and other aspects of educational activity as reasonably requested by the programme lead
Education Research, Scholarship, Knowledge Exchange and Impact:
• Dissemination of teaching innovations and initiatives at the Departmental, Divisional and College level
• Reflective practice and communication of educational scholarship, through peer engagement, publication, or conferences
Academic citizenship, management and leadership:
• Adhere to Faculty and College guidelines and regulations, implementing new requirements as they arise, and incorporating best practice from the wider Higher Education sector
• Perform academic and administrative duties to a high standard (module leadership, admissions, marketing, examinations)
• Provide leadership, mentoring and management of Teaching Fellows
• Work with colleagues on joint projects and lead teams as required
• Enable a diverse and inclusive work and education environment in line with the Faculty’s policies
• Act as referee and contribute to peer assessment and mentor training sessions
• Attend and participate in appropriate seminars/conferences with subject related areas
• Participate in professional development activities where appropriate
• Undertake any other reasonable duties that may be requested by the Programme Lead and/or Head of Department
The above list of responsibilities may not be exhaustive, and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks and responsibilities as may reasonably be expected within the scope and grading of the post.
• Fellowship of the Higher Education Academy or equivalent teaching qualification (e.g. PGCAPHE or PGCHE)
• Commitment to continuing professional development
About the Faculty:
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (vacanciesin.eu) you saw this job posting.