University of Salford
A bit about the School of Health & Society
The School of Health and Society at the University of Salford is forward‐thinking and dynamic with a commitment to lifelong learning and real-world impact. Our School has a track record of collaborating with a wide range of industry partners to produce highly skilled graduates with real work experience.
We are at an interesting time in the Higher Education sector. There is significant change in terms of oversight, student expectations and changing demographics and we are trying to do things differently so that we stay ahead of these changes. Our connection to industry is stronger than ever and we’re proud to have more partnerships with SMEs than any other Greater Manchester University. In addition to this we have responded excellently to the challenges of the pandemic to maintain the quality of the student experience and we have learned new ways of working that we will take forward.
The University of Salford has made a strategic decision to develop Policing as part of its portfolio of professional subject areas. We successfully deliver, in partnership with Greater Manchester Police, the Police Constable Degree Apprenticeship, the Degree Holder Entry Programme and a Professional Development Transformation package. Our BSc Professional Policing course is also thriving and is now going into its third year.
We have the drive and ambition to become a regional, national and international leader in Policing through professional education, development, research and enterprise. As a result, you will be a working in a fast-paced environment as we look to develop and strengthen our existing team of Policing Academics. We are looking for a colleague who shares our values and passion for teaching and is committed to providing the highest quality student experience. This is an opportunity to influence the education and culture of a major Police force and to bring your expertise and research to assist them in meeting their future ambitions.
So what will the role involve?
- Contribute to our thinking and be challenging on how Salford can transform the way it addresses equity disparities, embraces diversity and becomes more inclusive.
- Foster the development of an inclusive community, using teaching approaches which encourage inclusivity, working in partnership with students to improve their sense of belonging, diversifying the curriculum and using approaches to inclusive assessment to close the award gap
- The successful candidate will join the Directorate of Social Sciences and will work in a thriving and busy team. You will be responsible for contributing to an exceptional student experience through the delivery of teaching, research and enterprise engagement activity.
- Our first cohort of PCDA students will soon be entering their third year and undertaking their End Point Assessment, as part of our overall recruitment strategy, we are keen to strengthen our team with candidates who have experience of supervising dissertations / evidence-based research projects.
For an informal discussion please contact Neil Hulme (Head of Policing) – [email protected]
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive salary – and excellent pension scheme.
- Generous annual leave – plus the ability to buy additional holiday days.
- Flexible, agile and hybrid working – we support a culture of both flexible and agile working to help manage the demands of work with personal life subject to business requirements.
- Professional development – a comprehensive package of personal development opportunities to help you achieve your full potential.
- Inclusion, for all of us– With over 200 languages spoken across Greater Manchester, we want to create an inspirational, inclusive learning and working environment, celebrating the diversity of our University community in our everyday conversations. Our student population is already incredibly diverse and we want to ensure this is reflected across our colleague profile as well.
- Wellbeing support – dedicated services and facilities to support your mental and physical health, ranging from an Employee Assistance Programme and counselling to sports and fitness facilities, including discounted gym memberships.
- Greater Manchester – Live and work in one of the most vibrant regions in the UK, a hot spot of digital innovation, excellent schools and colleagues, and with affordable city, suburban and rural living options to suit a wide range of lifestyle choices.
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (vacanciesin.eu) you saw this job posting.