We are excited to be recruiting a talented Legal & Governance Manager to provide senior level Legal & Governance support across the Mary’s Meals family and provide strong leadership to the Legal & Governance team.
Reporting to the Head of Legal & Governance, you will work across a broad remit including contracts, policy, corporate governance, due diligence, data protection, HR support, regulatory risk & compliance, and knowledge management. Alongside a very diverse workload, you will have the opportunity to support our culturally and geographically diverse movement, and work with external partners, to strengthen the Mary’s Meals movement and provide technical guidance and support, as we strive to reach the next child waiting for Mary’s Meals.
This is a fantastic opportunity to utilise your legal and people management experience in a fast paced, dynamic role where no two days are the same and your daily work has real impact.
Other key responsibilities:
- Manage, develop, coach and inspire a high-performing team, promoting a culture of engagement and empowerment.
- Provide a quality legal and governance service to all MMI, National Affiliates, Programme Affiliates and their respective boards, always considering the needs of the organisation.
- Support the development and implementation of the Mary’s Meals Legal & Governance strategy and roadmap, aligning it to organisational strategy.
- Build relationships of trust and collaborate effectively with all areas of the Mary’s Meals movement to ensure that legal and governance initiatives continue to support organisational plans and objectives.
- Advise the ELT, the Board and the Head of Legal & Governance on all aspects of corporate governance, including the duties of members & trustees and constitutional requirements.
- Lead on the set up and registration of new Mary’s Meals entities.
- Act as the lead representative of the Legal & Governance team on all types of contracts.
- Manage global data protection compliance, ensuring that all policies are legally compliant and all queries all promptly dealt with and potential breaches are thoroughly investigated and escalated as necessary, and delegating tasks as necessary.
The ideal candidate will have excellent technical legal skills and be an experienced people manager, understanding the value of effective supervision, challenge, coaching and development. A qualified lawyer, with experience of working in the UK legal system, you will demonstrate a versatile, proactive and solutions focussed approach to solving legal problems. Building strong relationships, bringing others with you, and inspiring those in your team will be key to success.
We have a remote-first approach to work and are happy for you to work remotely and flexibly, in a way that best supports your work-life balance. We also have an office near Glasgow city centre for those who live nearby and would like to work from here occasionally or on a regular basis.
Mary’s Meals is a global movement supported by people from all walks of life and we are focused on one goal – that every child receives a nutritious daily meal in a place of education. We continue to change the lives of over 2.4 million children who today will receive Mary’s Meals. We are a values-driven organisation, we believe in the innate goodness of people, respect the dignity of every human being and family life and believe in good stewardship of the resources entrusted to us. In line with our values, Mary’s Meals is fully committed to a culture of safeguarding.
Mary’s Meals is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour at work and we expect all the Mary’s Meals family to share this commitment and work in the best interest of the communities we serve. Our safe recruitment practices ensure that only those that are committed to our high standards join our movement.
How to apply
Legal & Governance Manager – Remote – Mary’s Meals International (workable.com)