University of Derby
Internal applicants only
Library and Learner Support
Library Experience Manager – Buxton and Leek
Buxton & Leek College (Buxton/Leek Campus)
£26,363 to £28,827 per annum, pro rata (for exceptional performers, there is scope for further progression up to £32,838 per annum)
Monday 20 November 2023
About the role
The University Library is a dynamic and inspiring place to study and learn. Would you like the opportunity to join the Library Service Team in supporting our students in their studies?
If you are someone who enjoys working in a high-performing team, who strives for excellence and enjoys challenging yourself and others, the University Library is looking to recruit you.
As the Library Experience Officer, you will ensure operations at Leek and Buxton Libraries run smoothly, delivering a high-quality service to students. The Officer will motivate and develop the library teams to deliver innovative services and ensure students are at the heart of every activity.
We seek a friendly person who can quickly build rapport with people and someone who is committed to student engagement and learning.
We will support you in delivering an excellent library service by providing training with our library systems and current practice. The library teams work together to achieve tasks, trusting and supporting each other. The ability to work collaboratively and inclusively is the key to success in this role. If you are keen to be a part of a brilliant team that provide excellent customer service, apply right now.
The working pattern for this role is 20 hours per week – Mon, Tue, Thu: 9am – 3pm (Leek) / Wed: 10am – 4pm (Buxton)
For further information and informal enquiries regarding the role, please contact Dan Deaville, Library Experience Manager, Buxton and Leek via [email protected] .
For enquiries regarding your application and for sponsorship eligibility, please contact the recruitment team via [email protected] .
The post-holder may be required to undertake other duties commensurate with the level and skills/qualifications of this role.
- HND/Foundation Degree or equivalent qualification
- Experience of working in a library environment
- Experience of line managing a team, influencing and motivating others, and organising the work of teams to ensure service is maintained and excellence in customer experience is delivered at all times
- Experience of and ability to organise, prioritise and delegate tasks
- Proven commitment to working with a customer focus and delivering high standards of service
- Excellent communication skills including experience of writing documents (proof-reading effectively with good grammar and spelling) and communicating innovatively using a variety of medium
Skills, knowledge & abilities
- Self-motivated with excellent organisational skills, able to work on own initiative and prioritise workloads
- Understanding of the library user experience and library systems and resources and able to empathise with the challenges experienced by students as well as understand the opportunities University presents
- Ability to work effectively in a team and adaptable to team needs, able to network effectively across a large organisation
- Data and information skills and ability to present and use data accurately for service planning, delivery, monitoring and reporting purposes
- Ability to analyse and assess problems, identify solutions and translate plans into actions. Makes informed decisions.
- Is a positive role model to the team and focussed on the service users and need of the service at all times
- Is able to take responsibility and flexible to work across teams when needed
- Willingness and flexibility to travel between University sites in a time and cost-effective manner
- Ability to be flexible within the working pattern to meet the business needs, including working evenings, weekends or extended hours
- Degree level qualification
- Experience of contributing to projects and working with relevant procedures
Skills, knowledge and abilities
- Ability to work across teams, building relationships to ensure a good result and quality service
As well as competitive pay scales, we offer generous holiday entitlement. We also offer opportunities for further salary progression based on performance, and the opportunity to join a contributory pension scheme.
Find out more about pay and benefitsFind out more about pay and benefits
How to apply
You can apply by submitting an online application. Once you have signed in or registered with us you will be able to begin your application. If you are creating an account for the first time, please ensure you provide an email address that you access regularly as this will be our main means of contacting you regarding your application.
This vacancy is only available to internal applicants.
- Apply online Apply online
- Continue application Continue application
- Advice on completing your applicationAdvice on completing your application
If you require any assistance, including the provision of any documentation in an alternative format, please contact the Recruitment team at [email protected] .
Please note all applications must be submitted online by Midnight GMT on the closing date of the vacancy.
Please note that unfortunately, this role will not attract sufficient points to obtain a sponsored Skilled Worker visa under the UK Visas & Immigration points based immigration system; however, applications are welcome from candidates who do not currently have the right to work in the UK, but who would be eligible to obtain a valid visa via another route..
Please consult the Home office website for further information.
If you are successful, you will be required to undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. The post for which you are applying is exempt from Section 4(2) of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 requiring any spent convictions to be declared. Any information you provide will be treated in confidence and only used when considering your suitability for the post.
To enable us to process your DBS check please ensure you are able to supply the documentation listed on the DBS website at interview stage.
Equity, diversity and inclusion
The University of Derby is committed to promoting equity, diversity and inclusion. However you identify, we actively celebrate the knowledge, experience and talents each person brings. Our students come from a wide range of backgrounds; therefore we are particularly interested to hear from applicants who will help our leaders and teams be more reflective of our student population.
A university that celebrates youA university that celebrates you
Download Library Experience Officer job descriptionDownload Library Experience Officer job description
Why join Derby?
Challenging, interesting and constantly changing, the University of Derby is an extraordinary place to learn and an incredibly rewarding place to work.
Find out more about working at the UniversityFind out more about working at the University
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expect everyone who works for us to also share this commitment and to treat people with courtesy and respect.
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (vacanciesin.eu) you saw this job posting.