University of Derby
Business Engagement & Employability
Student & Graduate Engagement Manager
Kedleston Road, Derby Campus
£20,049 per annum (For exceptional performers, there is scope for further progression up to £21,979 per annum)
Sunday 25 June 2023
Fixed term contract for 12 months
About the role
This role is for current 2nd year undergraduate UOD Students Only
Join the Careers and Employment Service (CES) working to engage students and recent graduates about all things employability. You will be involved in a wide range of activities and tasks, from marketing and communications planning to content creation and social media management. You will be responsible for supporting communications to students and graduates either via online communication methods or through advertising in a variety of arenas. You will also be responsible for supporting with the development of creative, innovative and effective marketing activities to promote the Careers and Employment Service to students and graduates, through a wide range of channels.
The proposed start date is 7th August 2023
- University of Derby second year student
- Administration experience including data input
- Experience in telephone, reception or customer services work
- Experience in creating content for social media across various platforms
Skills, knowledge and abilities
- Ability to network effectively and work across teams
- Sound organisation skills with a methodical approach to workload
- Understand how to use digital and social media to reach a target market
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to relate effectively with recent graduates, parents or guardians and staff
- Creative and have an eye for detail
- Ability to work on own initiative and prioritise workloads
- Active listening skills
- Ability to follow procedures
Skills, knowledge and abilities
- An understanding of data protection issues
- An understanding of equality & diversity issues
- An understanding of the graduate labour market
- Knowledge of various digital tools and platforms
- An understanding of current digital marketing trends
As well as competitive pay scales, we offer generous holiday entitlement. We also offer opportunities for further salary progression based on performance, and the opportunity to join a contributory pension scheme.
Find out more about pay and benefitsFind out more about pay and benefits
How to apply
You can apply by submitting an online application. Once you have signed in or registered with us you will be able to begin your application. If you are creating an account for the first time, please ensure you provide an email address that you access regularly as this will be our main means of contacting you regarding your application.
- Apply online Apply online
- Continue application Continue application
- Advice on completing your applicationAdvice on completing your application
If you require any assistance, including the provision of any documentation in an alternative format, please contact the Recruitment team at [email protected] .
Please note all applications must be submitted online by Midnight GMT on the closing date of the vacancy.
Please note that unfortunately, this role will not attract sufficient points to obtain a sponsored Skilled Worker visa under the UK Visas & Immigration points based immigration system; however, applications are welcome from candidates who do not currently have the right to work in the UK, but who would be eligible to obtain a valid visa via another route..
Please consult the Home office website for further information.
Equality, diversity, inclusion and wellbeing
The University of Derby is committed to promoting equality, diversity and inclusion. However you identify, we actively celebrate the knowledge, experience and talents each person brings.
A university that celebrates youA university that celebrates you
Download Marketing and Communications Student Placement job descriptionDownload Marketing and Communications Student Placement job description
Why join Derby?
Challenging, interesting and constantly changing, the University of Derby is an extraordinary place to learn and an incredibly rewarding place to work.
Find out more about working at the UniversityFind out more about working at the University
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expect everyone who works for us to also share this commitment and to treat people with courtesy and respect.
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (vacanciesin.eu) you saw this job posting.