Working at Oxfam
MONITORING, EVALUATION AND LEARNING AND ACCOUNTABILITY (MEAL) Assistant
Oxfam is a global movement of people working together to end the injustice of poverty.
Do you have Relevant qualification; MSc or BSc. in Economics, Development studies, Statistics/Management, or another related field?
Do you have ability & experience in program monitoring, evaluation, accountability & learning (MEAL) – Minimum 5 years preferably in long term, humanitarian, advocacy and campaign program and local contexts in Ethiopia? Knowledge of Nexus approach is desirable.
If the answer is yes, then we would like to hear from you.
The MEAL Assistant is responsible to support the MEAL Officer function in the North response area office including methodological design, preparing data collection tools, lead data collection, data cleaning, and data analysis, and reporting MEAL activities for all Oxfam projects in the field office. S/he will provide MEAL technical support in need assessment, baselines, evaluations, establishing and implanting beneficiary compliance and feedback system, monitoring MEAL activities, and ensuring program quality as per Oxfam program quality standard, Core Humanitarian Standards as well as CAMSA minimum requirements and work closely with the field program teams, Other INGOs, Cluster members, partners, and other local agencies and key line-local Government officials.
What we are looking for:
We’re looking for a candidate who cares about Oxfam’s mission to end poverty and is personally aligned to our feminist principles and values of empowerment, accountability and inclusion in all you do.
An ideal candidate for the role will also be / have:
- Strengthening existing knowledge of monitoring, evaluation, and learning.
- Support planning, implementation, and follow-up of enumerators,
- Assist the MEAL Officer in designing and pre-testing the data collection tools.
- Participate in the process of data collection of various activities such as baseline, end line. Post-distribution monitoring, During Distribution monitoring, market price monitoring, and any other monitoring data required.
- Lead the data collection team to the team and supervise them at the field level for various filed studies.
- Produce monitoring checklists and conduct quarterly joint field process monitoring, quality assessment, and data validation, and provide feedback and recommendations for timely improvement
- Together with the Project officers, undertake accountability activities, including the development anduse of information sharing materials and the establishment of complaint response mechanisms.
- Promote learning in the project, particularly on issues of project quality.
We offer a competitive salary and a range of additional benefits to staff including flexible working options, generous pension scheme, annual leave, additional leave allowances, company sick pay, life assurance and a range of other benefits.
From the day you join Oxfam we invite you to stretch and learn in your role. Our wide range of Learning & Development opportunities includes in-house courses, e-learning modules, on-the job learning opportunities, coaching and mentoring, and much more.
You can read more about all Oxfam has to offer here.
We believe flexible working is key to building the Oxfam of the future, so we’re open to talking through the type of flexible arrangements which might work for you.
How to apply:
As part of your online application, please upload your up to date CV and Cover Letter explaining your suitability against the essential criteria in the job profile.
Apply For This Role
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (vacanciesin.eu) you saw this job posting.