We’re looking for a committed and creative Media Lecturer to join our team here at Brockenhurst College on a part time, permanent basis. In return, you will receive a competitive salary of £29,107 – £37,582 Pro Rata Depending On Experience.
We are a high-achieving college who attract around 2,800 sixth form students across the region each year. We are based within the stunning New Forest National Park and offer our students a huge range of courses and superb facilities.
Vocational Creative Arts & Media
Contracted working hours
£29,107 – £37,582 Pro Rata DOE
About the role:
As the Media Lecturer you will continually improve the learning experience and achievement of students through effective teaching.
Responsibilities as our Media Lecturer will include:
- Teaching on courses as agreed with the Head of Curriculum
- Acting as a Personal Tutor to students, if required
- Acting as Course Leader, when requested
- Preparing and marking student work, monitoring progress towards individual targets, keeping records and providing timely reports/reviews to students, parents, employers and College managers, as appropriate
- Working closely with other colleagues to respond to the needs of students
- Paying due attention to the principles of inclusive learning including:
- individual learning styles
- support for students with learning difficulties and disabilities
- Contributing to the design, delivery and future planning and development of the curriculum
- Contributing to the teaching/learning resource bank for the relevant subject/course
- Maintaining an up-to-date knowledge of developments in the relevant subject/course
- Developing and maintaining effective external links related to the delivery of the subject/course and representing the College at relevant meetings.
As our Media Lecturer, you’llideally have:
- A Degree or equivalent professional qualification in the relevant subject area
- Appropriate teacher training qualification (or working towards this)
- The skills and experience to deliver animation units among others on vocational media courses
- Excellent teaching skills
- Strong knowledge of Media Theory, knowledge and delivery of theoretical units on vocational programmes essentials
- High level practical skills in the areas of video editing software including Premier and After Effects, camera controls, lighting and sound
- Supportive and positive approach to teaching
- Empathy with and a strong commitment to meeting the needs of individual students
- 37 days leave plus bank holidays (pro rata for part time staff)
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme provided externally to the College. This is a completely confidential service and is free to all members of staff at the College.
- On-site Nursery offers childcare at superb rates in and outside of term time
- Enrolment into the Teachers’ Pension Scheme
- Free eye care vouchers
- Free secure onsite parking
- Access to a range of discounts including shopping, travel and healthcare
- Access to onsite Gym, Tennis/Badminton courts, Football pitches (indoor & out)
- Weekly staff football
Closing Date: 04th June 2023
Interview Date: 16th June 2023
If you feel you are the right candidate for this Media Lecturer role then please click ‘apply’ now! We’d love to hear from you!
The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults, and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undertake appropriate safeguarding checks which includes an enhanced DBS check as well as providing proof of right to work in the UK.
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (vacanciesin.eu) you saw this job posting.