University of Leeds
View All Vacancies
2 roles available
This role will be based on the University Campus. We are also open to discussing flexible working arrangements.
Are you highly motivated with an excellent customer focus and keen to progress within the industry by gaining new skills and experience? Do you have excellent problem solving skills and a logical approach? Can you test and repair fire alarm and emergency lighting systems under supervision? Do you have a background or an interest in fire alarm, security systems or emergency lighting maintenance?
You will help the team to deliver compliance and reactive maintenance services to life safety systems or other maintenance works in a large and complex site. You will have a flexible approach to ensure the service being delivered is efficient and effective in order to meet the needs of a wide portfolio of clients.
You will report to the Maintenance Co-ordinator (Life Safety and Critical systems) and will assist electricians/technicians/specialist contractors in delivering pre-planned preventive maintenance; remedial and reactive repairs and you will assist the team to record inspection/test, reactive/remedial works, asset survey/verification and installation works under supervision.
You will be a valuable member of our compliance team within the Facilities Directorate, which is dedicated to provide wide range of support services connected with the effective management, development and maintenance of the University campus. Your working hours will be 35 hours per week; from Monday to Friday, each day from 8am to 4pm with 1-hour lunch break.
What we offer in return
- 26 days holiday plus 16 Bank Holidays/days that the University is closed by custom (including Christmas) – that’s 42 days a year!
- Generous pension scheme options plus life assurance
- Health and Wellbeing: Discounted staff membership options at The Edge, our state-of-the-art Campus gym, with a pool, sauna, climbing wall, cycle circuit, and sports halls.
- Personal Development: Access to courses run by our Organisational Development & Professional Learning team, and self-development courses including languages, Creative Writing, Wellbeing Therapies and much more.
- Access to on-site childcare, shopping discounts and travel schemes are also available.
And much more!
If you are looking for a role that will [include a closing statement], apply today.
To explore the post further or for any queries you may have, please contact:
Garath Bray, Deputy Maintenance Contracts Manager
Email: [email protected]
Location: Leeds – Main Campus
Faculty/Service: Facilities Directorate
Category: Operational Support
Contract Type: Ongoing
Release Date: Friday 19 May 2023
Closing Date: Sunday 04 June 2023
Downloads: Candidate Brief
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (vacanciesin.eu) you saw this job posting.