International Medical Corps Croatia provides emergency relief to those struck by disaster no matter where they are, no matter what the conditions, working with them to recover, rebuild and gain the skills and tools required for self reliance.
International Medical Corps (IMC), International Medical Corps UK (IMC UK) and International Medical Corps Croatia (IMC Croatia), with headquarters in the United States, United Kingdom and Croatia respectively, collaborate to maximize resources for the delivery of appropriate relief and development activities. International Medical Corps (IMC) is an US-registered independent affiliate organization of International Medical Corps Croatia (IMC Croatia), with which IMC Croatia shares the same name and charitable objectives and mission.
Responsible for liaison for assigned country programs through cross functional platforms and oversight of activities related to International Medical Corps Croatia projects. The Programs Officer will assist in coordinating International Medical Corps’ emergency relief and development activities and program design and development for the country programs within the regional portfolio, supporting in-country teams and providing guidance to International Medical Corps field staff from HQ offices, with possible frequent trips to the field. The Programs Officer coordinates interdepartmental support at the HQ level to secure assistance to the country programs in the region. The Programs Officer also coordinates and maintains all donor reporting for grants. Additionally, the Programs Officer represents and advocates for International Medical Corps’ Croatia programs to partners in the international development community, donors and government representatives.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function with or without reasonable accommodation:
MAIN TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Project Implementation International Medical Corps Croatia:
- Ensure implementation of projects awarded to International Medical Corps Croatia is on target and within the budget, through regular communication, review of reports and field visits
- Monitor performance of the overall International Medical Corps Croatia portfolio, flag any issues to the responsible functional unit(s) and ensure that corrective measures are taken in a timely manner
- Conduct regular review of project’s progress, monitor project’s burn rate and actively participate in review of monthly pipelines.
- Regular visits to field offices to support project implementation, monitor and verify the work accomplished.
- Ensure oversight of the proper performance of audits, inspections and on-the-spot checks as provided for under all relevant regulatory and contractual provisions.
- Program backstop coordination and regional team membership
- Serve as a primary point of contact for any questions or tasks related to International Medical Corps Croatia projects (eligibility, new business, performance, program audit, compliance etc.)
- Preparation of internal and external reports related to program activities on behalf of International Medical Corps Croatia.
- Coordination between all internal departments and the country teams, including compliance, finance, resource development, logistics, legal, security, human resources, and communication.
- Work with country teams to support the development of country strategy plans for each country program, coordinate annual review and evaluation of the strategies, and support implementation of plans.
- Program/Portfolio management
- Backstop the daily operations of the country programs to ensure continuance through appropriate response to context changes, mission, program, and beneficiary needs, donor positioning, lessons learned, and best practices.
- Facilitate compliance with internal and external regulations, all applicable laws, and contractual obligations, in consultation with Legal and Grants and Contracts departments; including interpretation of regulations and supporting the country teams to comply with applicable rules and regulations.
- Facilitate timely and adequate cooperation with Legal, Grants and Contracts, and Finance departments regarding review and approval of agreements (MOUs, contracts, etc.).
- Oversee timely completion/submission of internal/external reports (donors, special and other) and their flow within International Medical Corps Croatia, International Medical Corps and International Medical Corps UK including review, analysis, and compliance with deadlines.
- Act as liaison for the country programs with International Medical Corps Croatia, International Medical Corps UK and International Medical Corps’ internal departments, advocating for the needs of the program.
- Maintain oversight of country programs by initiating and facilitating weekly program calls and monthly pipeline calls with the country teams, finance department and International Medical Corps HQ teams. Perform regular program/portfolio monitoring to ensure that objectives are being achieved and quality is maintained.
- Maintain internal communication and updates regarding country programs within International Medical Corps HQ departments, including International Medical Corps Croatia and UK.
- Maintain open lines of communication with field staff ensuring that country programs are properly briefed on International Medical Corps Croatia’ mission, goals, and capacity.
- Review and transmit internal approval requests (e.g. training requests, disposition of assets) in compliance with International Medical Corps and donor regulations.
- Perform problem solving and mitigation as needed.
- Assist in new program and new mission start-up (including exploratory missions/assessments) and closeout, as appropriate
- Program design and development
- Initiate and coordinate internal approval processes for assessments and proposal submissions.
- Using the country strategies as a base, manage ongoing program development and design. This will include identification of needs; identification of donors, donor priorities, and donor opportunities; and program design.
- Assist in the proposal process, which may include proposal writing, editing and proofreading, coordination of International Medical Corps HQ departments, technical input, preparation for submission, submission, following through the approval process, and assisting in start-up activities.
- Program supervision
- Assist in facilitating human resource oversight of country teams including administration matters, identifying staffing needs, and resolution of problems, concerns, legal issues, and conflicts.
- Visit the country missions regularly for management and operational assessment and recommend plans of action when needed.
- Promote professional working relationships with all departments and staff of International Medical Corps, International Medical Corps UK and International Medical Corps Croatia.
- Have a thorough understanding of the mission and regional contexts.
- Maintain substantial relationships with donors and partners (governmental, NGO, and companies) both current and potential.
- Raise the profile of International Medical Corps Croatia, its work and country missions through active participation in Interaction forum, and external events when possible.
- Serve as advocate for the country missions
Perform other duties as assigned. The duties and responsibilities listed in this document are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and not necessarily all inclusive.
Code of Conduct
As applicable to this position, an individual must promote and encourage a culture of compliance and ethics throughout the organization and maintain a clear understanding of International Medical Corps’ and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards.
If this is a supervisory position, one must set an example of ethical behavior through one’s own conduct and oversight of the work of others; ensure that those who report to you have sufficient knowledge and resources to follow the standards outlined in the Code of Conduct & Ethics; monitor compliance of the people you supervise; enforce the Code of Conduct & Ethics and International Medical Corps’ policies, including the Safeguarding Policy and the Protection from Harassment, Bullying and Sexual Misconduct in the Workplace Policy, consistently and fairly; support employees who in good faith raise questions or concerns.
It is all staff shared responsibility and obligation to safeguard and protect populations with whom we work, including adults who may be particularly vulnerable and children. This includes safeguarding from the following conduct by our staff or partners: sexual exploitation and abuse; exploitation, neglect, or abuse of children, adults at risk, or LGBTI individuals; and any form of trafficking in persons. Staff are also responsible for preventing violations to our Code of Conduct and Ethics, which may involve Conflicts of Interest, Fraud, Corruption or Harassment. If you see, hear or are made aware of any violations to the Code of Conduct and Ethics or Safeguarding Policy, you have an obligation to report.
International Medical Corps Croatia is proud to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or status as a veteran.
- Typically, a Bachelor’s degree in related area. Equivalent combination of relevant education and experience may be substituted as appropriate.
- Typically, 3+ years of relevant work experience (e.g. Public Health, Social Work, International Relations, Business Administration, International Development, etc.), including 1+ years of field relevant experience
- Ability to deal with a broad spectrum of people
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret USG/EU/UN donor regulations and requirements;
- Project cycle management
- Logical framework project planning and design
- Experience on proposal development and donor reporting
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from management and field programs;
- Outstanding organizational skills;
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written;
- Excellent self-motivation skills;
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions independently;
- Excellent ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast paced and constantly changing environment;
- Be flexible and possess the ability to cope in stressful situations;
- Innovative and problem solving
- Willingness and ability to travel extensively