Department: Communications & Fundraising
Place of Work: Any location where Light for the World operates (Austria, Germany, the Netherlands, Belgium, Czech Republic, Switzerland, the UK, Burkina Faso, Kenya, Uganda, Ethiopia, South Sudan, or Mozambique — Please note that you must have a work permit for one of the mentioned countries)
Duration: 30-32 hrs/week, permanent
Salary: competitive, according to local NPO sector average and dependent on experience
Reports to: Global Head of Communications
Starting date: As soon as possible
In this role you help us shine even brighter as Light for the World through our digital presence, so that more and more people become aware of us and our work in various countries and support it. Passionate about our vision of a more inclusive world, you will take our international website, social media channels and newsletter to the next level and help us inspire more people with our work!
- You are responsible for our international social media channels and strive to continuously develop them. You engage with our audiences on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and YouTube and inspire them with engaging content.
- You set up a strategy for influencer collaboration and implement it to increase visibility for our work.
- You are in charge of our international website’s management, drive SEM and SEO and analyze and improve user engagement and website traffic.
- You drive the relaunch and development of our English newsletter and coordinate high quality content for our audience.
- You identify compelling stories to create inspiring and engaging content and increase our visibility online.
- You are passionate about digital communications and consider yourself a digital native. You have proven work experience in digital communications and/or social media management.
- You are up-to-date with digital technology trends, social media tools and practices and have experience with social media management tools as well as newsletter distribution tools.
- You have excellent written and oral communication skills in English & the ability to write high quality content in English for digital audiences.
- You are an expert in website analytics and very familiar with search engine marketing (SEM) and search engine optimization (SEO).
- You have a personal interest in international development and human rights and are committed to Light for the World’s mandate and values.
- an outstanding opportunity to bring about change through an international development organization and to extend your professional experience
- a highly motivated, professional and diverse team that strives towards continuous development. We believe in participatory leadership and expect you to contribute your expertise and ideas.
- a competitive salary for the NGO sector, incl. full social insurance & other benefits
- flexible working hours with remote working options
- a friendly, dynamic and inclusive working environment
Deadline for applications is 5 April 2023. We are looking forward to your application!
How to apply
Please apply via our Website only. Choose the position you’d like to apply for and click on “Apply now”.