Position at OpenMind
OpenMind by WPP is an integrated agency model drawing on talent from across WPP. It has been created by taking the best European and Global talent from across GroupM and WPP, to accelerate the European transformation for Nestlé’s media function. Core to the solution is the advanced best data and technology capabilities, fuelled by WPP’s investment in AI, to maximise the impact of Nestlé media investment.
Job located in France into the WPP Campus, Levallois Perret.
OpenMind was recently awarded the ZEUR assignment for Nestle Europe. With 47 countries, +450 team members, and regular new product launches, the account is looking for a Category strategy & Insights lead to provide strategy leadership for X category.
OVERVIEW OF ROLE:
The Category Strategy & insights Lead is a media expert sitting in the ZEUR Above Market team, responsible for providing markets with media strategy frameworks and insights for critical Above Market campaigns and sharing best practices to drive media performance.
This role will be a key enabler and accelerator of integrating Category strategy into local media plans, strategizing media investment allocation across markets and brands, increasing Category visibility into planning, performance, competition and ensuring x-market consistency.
The role is supported by a team of specialists (Above Market, Cluster), OpenMind leadership, and Category lead.
- Support implementation of “fewer, bigger, better” strategy through Category holistic media strategy and measurement (including Retail Digital Media & Search).
- Partner with specialist teams to create media investment allocation strategies across the Category portfolio, markets and brands
- Ensure integration of MMMs & media performance learnings into the portfolio and brand media planning process for Above Market and in-market usage
- Prepare analysis and presentation of competitor activities for a jointly defined set of competitors during planning, by media and target group. Collaborate with Insights team to input additional SoV or competitor media data
- Plan and recommend Category, portfolio and key campaigns media investments across markets in collaboration with Nestle Category Media and Marketing Leadership Teams
- Support Nestlé Category brand teams to develop above-market campaign idea into local media planning guide and media strategy within planning process (key messaging, investment mix, contact point prioritization, digital execution etc.), and delivery of media toolkits to markets.
- Within planning process, define Contact Points & Formats (translate creative across contact points and audiences, finalize master list of campaign assets)
- Provide KPIs, benchmarks and overall targets to brands and markets for Category. Provide guidance on measurement approaches, success criteria, and implementation in campaigns
- Connect with and support local market teams, integrating local markets’ campaign execution learnings and performance into above-market brand planning and optimizations
- Circulate learnings within your Category across local markets, including potential innovation/experiments
- Establish regular touchpoints with Market Clusters & top markets to understand implementation learnings & challenges
- Provide accurate media data for France and Benelux, priority markets
YOUR KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES:
- Strong Background in strategic planning & insights to supply markets with data
- Deep knowledge of CPG consumer trends and media landscape
- Sufficient knowledge of Category and regional market landscape [e.g. consumer, publisher, regulatory) and in selected specialist capabilities (e.g. Search, Programmatic, Retail Digital Media)
- Strong strategic thinking and problem solving skills
- Ability to think strategically about media in the context of business performance
- Ability to influence without authority
- Proven track record of supporting global/regional teams in a fast-paced environment
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred, advanced degree a plus
- 5+ years of experience in strategy/planning
- Required previous experience with large global and/or regional clients
Apply on company website
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (vacanciesin.eu) you saw this job posting.