Job title: Operations Administrator
Job location: Due to the nature of role, the postholder will be required to work in our London office on Tuesdays and another day as agreed. The remaining designated day can be flexible and homebased.
Duration: Permanent Hours: 19 hours per week
Salary band: £30,129 – £31,885 pro rata
Action Against Hunger is building a world where no one dies from hunger. We tackle it where it hits and lead research to stop it. The Operations Department makes this happen by focusing on three key areas of work: 1) information and knowledge management; 2) innovative research and action and; 3) programme design and funding. This is where you can really help.
The Operations Administrator will be a key member of the Action Against Hunger Operations Department providing financial, administrative and coordination support to wider Operations department in delivery of their strategy. You’ll help support the effective running of our Programme Funding, MEAL and nutrition teams in the coordination and administrative management of business development, financial tracking and the implementation of grants and contracts.
If you love administration, we really want to hear from you!
You’ll be experienced in administrative tasks and understand that you are the backbone to a functional department. You’ll be proactive, supportive and come with a positive, ‘can do’ attitude.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
You’ll keep us going.
- You’ll provide support on:
- projects including travel; logistics; safety and security; financial tracking/management;
- administrative processes relating to contract and financial management, including raising invoices and requisitions;
- updating various trackers on a scheduled basis including programme funding tracker, bidding tracker and project implementation tracking;
- The preparation of financial and narrative reports for clients/donors;
- Coordinating the team workplan/capacity tracker, team meetings etc.
You’ll help us achieve more by:
- liaising with the Operations Dept to share funding opportunities;
- supporting the Project Lead with the collation of sections and submission for bids as required;
- interacting with donors/clients as appropriate – including occasionally acting as a point of contact for downstream partners and manage queries from consultants and contractors;
You’ll be a changemaker by:
- working with the Senior Operations Coordinator and other Departments to review and address internal financial, admin and management processes – looking to bring new ideas to drive efficiencies.
Working with the Senior Operations coordinator, you’ll:
- periodically review (with Legal, Risk and Compliance Counsel) the different contract templates;
- ensure managers have completed and followed up on all due diligence processes for headquarters.
The above list of key duties is not exclusive or exhaustive and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks as may reasonably be expected within the scope and grading of the post.
The job is unlikely to involve international travel.
The post holder will be expected to adhere to the terms of the Action Against Hunger International Code of Conduct and associated policies, as a condition of their employment. All employees have particular responsibility for understanding and following protocols in relation to safeguarding (children and vulnerable adults), and protection from sexual exploitation and abuse (PSEA).
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED ESSENTIAL
- Bachelor’s degree in a field related to social sciences or development and/or equivalent experience.
- Experience in tracking, monitoring and reporting on budgets
- Experience in managing logistical processes of a large team
- Methodical approach to grant management and oversight
- Strong administrative skills
- IT Literate, particularly in using excel, word and power point
- Excellent time management and ability to work independently without constant supervision
- Versatility and tolerance to change
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a good level of English written and oral communication levels
- Experience in working in a team
- Ability to communicate effectively through email, Teams etc.
- Ability to create solutions or responses to problems in an autonomous way
- A demonstrable personal and professional commitment to uphold the principles and practices in relation to equality, diversity and inclusion.
- Language skills (French or Spanish preferred)
- Experience of working as part of a coalition or network
- Specific training in finance, risk and/or compliance.
- Experience of working remotely with a dispersed team
How to apply
Operations Administrator vacanciesin.eu Action Against Hunger UK vacanciesin.eu vacanciesin.eu CharityJob