Traidhos Three-Generation Camp Program
Outdoor Education Camp Facilitator (Seasonal appointment June – August 2023)
The Camp Program is based in Chiang Mai, Thailand. It provides environmental education and activity camps for international students from international schools in SE Asia. See www.threegeneration.org Camp Program and family camps for young students and their parents. Most residential camps are from 1 – 2 weeks long.
The successful applicant will lead groups on age appropriate scavenger hunts, bug observations, short hikes to hill-villages, and facilitation of reflection after adventurous activities including kayaking, biking and climbing. The successful applicant will also manage groups during cultural and craft activities and be able to facilitate discussion on living sustainably and the responsibility of a global citizen.
Applicants should have experience of leading teambuilding and group games.
The successful applicant will meet this profile:
- University Graduate
- Experienced leading students aged 4 – 14 in the out of doors eg outdoor activity center, scouts/guides, Forest School, Bushcraft activities
- Enjoys interacting with groups of young people
- Dynamic facilitator with good energy for leading children, aware of keeping students safe
- Organized and able to pay attention to detail and meet deadlines
- A good team player
- Willing to immerse in all aspects of the residential camp program
- Willing to work long hours and is physically fit
- Able to embrace Thai culture and cope with working in a tropical climate
- Available from June 2023
Additional qualifications that would be useful:
- Qualification to instruct participants on a climbing wall
- First aid
- TEFL qualification
You will expect to grow your skills in working with diverse groups of students, experience working in an international context and broaden your knowledge of helping kids to interact with the environment.
Traidhos Camp Program provides: work permit and visa once in Thailand, simple room in a shared apartment, accident insurance and 18,000 Thai baht per month.
Please contact the Head of Community at [email protected] by 15 April attaching your current CV & a letter of introduction stating why you are ideally suited & keen to join this busy program. Please include the contacts for 2 referees and quote reference StaffCAMP.
Find out more & apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (vacanciesin.eu) you saw this job posting.