Natural Resources Wales
- Location: Flexible: You will be contracted to the nearest NRW office to your home, of which you will be
required to attend for regular meetings, training and for one-to-one meetings with your
manager. These will be planned in advance
- Salary: Grade 5: £32,876 – £36,229 per annum
- Contract type: Fixed Term appointment until 31/3/2024
- Closing date: 04 / 06 / 2023
- Post number: 201568
This Permitting Officer role sits within the close working Industrial Installations and
Radioactive Substance Regulation (RSR) permitting team, assessing technically complex
applications and legal requirements across a broad spectrum of industry sectors, making risk
based decisions to produce robust enforceable permits.
You will determine permit applications in accordance with recognised Natural Resources Wales
(NRW) policy, process, guidance and procedures. Support the Permitting Service and respond to
internal and external customer queries.
The Installations and RSR Permitting team make permitting decisions for regulated industry
across Wales. The team is one of eight that make up the Permitting Service, within the NRW’s
Regulation and Permitting Department.
NRW is responsible for the regulation of over 40 regimes. Our permits underpin much of what we
do to protect, maintain and enhance our natural resources, so that people can live better and
healthier lives and our wildlife can thrive. Regulation contributes to this by reducing the
risk of harm to the environment, people and communities of Wales and promoting responsible
behaviour that manages our natural resources in a sustainable way.
Who you are
Qualifications, experience, knowledge and skills required
- Knowledge of the relevant legislation and how it relates to the permitting process.
- Practical experience of assessing relevant licence/permit applications or using them in a
- Track record of delivering timely optimal solutions by effective information analysis and
risked based decisions.
- Experience of coaching and mentoring skills.
- Experience of customer service delivery and the ability to influence and persuade to
achieve environmental outcomes.
- Agile and flexible working (role dependent)
- Civil Service Pension Scheme offering employer contributions of 26.6% to 30.3%
- 28 days annual leave, rising to 33 days
- Generous leave entitlements for all your life needs
- Health and wellbeing benefits and support
- Weekly well-being hour to use as you choose
Find out more & apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (vacanciesin.eu) you saw this job posting.